I Love ALLAH
    Lahore, Pakistan

Default Adobe Photoshop Complete Course | Lecture 24

Follow us on Social Media

10. You will surely also need to employ the eraser tool. It is difficult to avoid cloning too big an area. Then you just erase the superfluous.
    11. The resultat hopefully is like a reborn bear head:

Figure 23. The result of a succesful cloning.
    Get rid of the blue background

When the picture is corrected, you can discard the blue layer.
    1. Use the mouse to drag the layer down to the waste basket symbol:

2. Then save the picture again.
    Now you have a ”sweet teddy bear” saved in the image file peter plys.psd. We will work more with that later in the booklet.
    13. Patterns and more

In this part of the booklet you work with selections and free scraping. Permit us here to lead you slightly astray; we would like to introduce the pattern concept.
    Patterns are small pictures, which can be used for backgrounds and much more. Photoshop comes with a number of ready made patterns, but you can also make new patterns yourself. We will show both, and in the following chapter we make two web-optimized verions of the teddy bear with two different backgrounds.
    Install ready made patterns

Photoshop comes with some decorative patterns. Let us try them:
    1. You have the image file peter plys.psd read in. Open a new layer by pressing Control+Shift-+n.
    2. Rename the layer to pattern1 , and move it down under the plys layer:

3. Now this layer needs to be filled with a pattern. Here is a smart shortcut: press Shift-+Backspace (The Backspace key is located above Enter). This shortcut opens the dialog box Fill. Notice that it needs to read Pattern in the Use field:

4. Now you are going to install a number of patterns that come with Photoshop. Click on the arrow by Custom Pattern:

5. You see the list with patterns, but there are not very many. So click on the small arrow in the upper right of the box:

6. In the bottom of the dialog box that opens you see Photoshop’s complete supply of patterns, which are divided in seven categories:

7. You might as well install them all; the patterns are handy to have available.
    8. Click on the top category Artist Surfaces and then on the button Append:

9. Repeat the procedure the remaining 6 categories of patterns (Nature Patterns etc.).

I trust cigratte more than a girl.
    It will damage my lungs but will never break my heart ;-)