I Love ALLAH
    Lahore, Pakistan

Default Adobe Photoshop Complete Course | Lecture 18

Follow us on Social Media

3. Then click on the Gradient Tool button in the tool box:

4. Then click on the Linear Gradient button in the settings line:

5. Make sure that the ”bg1” layer is selected in the layer palette. Now you need to make a background with transitions. That is done by dragging a line in the picture. Click with the mouse somewhere in the left side of the picture and drag the line across to the right:

6. Release the mouse button. Now you get a beautiful graduated background. Only it hides the flower.
    7. So reverse the sequence of the two layers (as described in figure 15 on page 22.
    8. Save the flower picture again!
    Background number two

You need to make yet another background. Here you will use another of Photoshop’s many gradients.
    1. Hide the flower layer by clicking on the eye by the layer button.
    2. Select the bottom layer bg1:

3. Make a new layer (with Control+Shift-+n), and name it bg2.
    4. Now you need to activate the gradient tool. Click on the small arrow to the right of the gradient window in the settings line:

5. Now you can choose from many different gradients. In the previous exercise you used a gradient that is called foreground-to-back-ground. But as you see, there are many other possibilities. Choose the fourth gradient in row 2:

6. Use the same procedure as described above to make a rainbow background (this time drag a diagonal line).
    7. You see a bright rainbow but nothing else, since the layer covers the underlying layer:

8. If you want to see the underlying layer, you need to change the opacity. Reduce the opacity for the layer bg2 to about 50%:

9. Then make the flower layer visible again by clicking on the layer’s eye in the layer palette. Now you see the flower on a really bright background, which really is a mix of two underlying layers.
    10. The flower colors are a bit tame. So select the Flower layer (if it is not already selected). Choose menu items Image --> Adjustments --> Auto Color (which can also be activated with the shortcut Control+Shift-+B):

11. That is an auto function which quite often improves a picture’s colors. It also works here; the flower colors become clear and bright:

12. Save the picture with Control+s, and close it with Control+w.

I trust cigratte more than a girl.
    It will damage my lungs but will never break my heart ;-)