Thumbs up Alison Krauss and Union Station - Paper Airplane [iTunes Version] (2011)

Follow us on Social Media

Genre: Country
    Label: Rounder Records
    Quality: MPEG-4 AAC Audio 44100Hz 16Bits 256Kbps
    Size: 95.32MB
    Release Year: 2011

"Paper Airplane" is an album by Alison Krauss and Union Station. It was released on April 12, 2011 and marks Krauss' fourteenth album. The album include covers of songs by Jackson Browne ("My Opening Farewell") and Richard Thompson ("Dimming of the Day"), along with 10 other tracks. A digital booklet is also included. I seriously recommend this one, even I'm not a country music fan.

A truly breathtaking collection of 11 exquisite songs, Paper Airplane is Alison Krauss' 14th album and the band's follow-up to 2004's triple Grammy? winning Lonely Runs Both Ways (Rounder). It is Krauss' first release since her 2007 internationally acclaimed, multi-platinum collaboration with Robert Plant, Raising Sand, which won six Grammys including "Record Of The Year" and "Album Of The Year." Alison Krauss and Union Station features the talents of Krauss (fiddle and lead vocals), Dan Tyminski (guitar, mandolin and lead vocals), Barry Bales (bass and harmony vocals), Ron Block (banjo, guitar and harmony vocals), and Jerry Douglas (Dobro and harmony vocals). Paper Airplane was produced by the band and recorded in Nashville with engineer Mike Shipley (Maroon 5, The Cars, Def Leppard, Joni Mitchell). As bluegrass virtuosos the members of Union Station are beyond compare, and the music they create together transcends all genres. Their work on films such as Cold Mountain and O Brother, Where Art Thou? has contributed immeasurably to a renaissance of American roots music.

Track List:

01. Paper Airplane
    02. Dustbowl Children
    03. Lie Awake
    04. Lay My Burden Down
    05. My Love Follows You Where You Go
    06. Dimming of the Day
    07. On the Outside Looking In
    08. Miles to Go
    09. Sinking Stone
    10. Bonita and Bill Butler
    11. My Opening Farewell