Runner Up - Admins Awards

Default "F.A.L.T.U. is aesthetic with body, soul, flesh, meat and blood" - Jackky Bhagnani

Follow us on Social Media

Jackky Bhagnani is all set to prove that he is no more a 'faltu'. And ironically he does that in a namesake film. One would have expected the young man to be a bundle of nerves as his film releases today. However, he is jumping with excitement and is eagerly waiting for the world to announce its verdict on the film. In an elaborate conversation with Joginder Tuteja, Jackky talks about what F.A.L.T.U means to him, his coming together with a Miss India Universe and the 'soul' of the film.

A fun cool campus entertainer with lot of laughter for the youth - Is it the best way to describe F.A.L.T.U?Well, if you ask me there is much more to the film being just one of those 'fun cool campus entertainers'. Yes, F.A.L.T.U. is a very funny film but it is a funny film with a soul to it. It is not slapstick or nonsensical. It doesn't belong to those 'leave your brains home' kind of a film. Yes, a lot of films made by my dad have been like that where you have a blast while watching them. But here you would have to use your brains as well. F.A.L.T.U. is truly aesthetic with body, soul, flesh, meat and blood in it. Yes, F.A.L.T.U. is a very funny film but it is not slapstick or nonsensical Ok, so in that case, please explain the 'soul' of F.A.L.T.U here.

By soul I mean that here is one film which would make you laugh and while you are laughing there is a strong message as well. When you will come out of the film and would have been comfortably seated in your home, you would end up remembering F.A.L.T.U for what it was trying to say. There is a message in the film but in a way that it doesn't sound preachy. It has been gift wrapped in the form of entertainment. When you say that the film would have laughs, do we end up seeing consistent laughs right through the narrative of F.A.L.T.U? Or just as it happens in number of films, there are dramatic portions that take centre-stage in the second half of the film.

See, laugh is a very subjective term. When I say the film will bring on laughter, I am saying that even if we succeed in getting a smirk on your face, it would be better than most slapstick laughter put together. And along with a smile, it we can get you emotional about the

scene as well, there is an altogether different dimension that a scene can take. Ok Jackky, this is something that I wanted to always ask you. For this second outing of yours, you have gone ahead with a friends about friends, campus, education, 'masti' etc. etc. Wouldn't you have rather preferred a film which was totally centred on you and was an out and out rom-com affair? That's okay, you can ask me this question. This is much better than so many other harsh questions that people have asked me in last few days (laughs). See for me as an individual, this is a far superior work of mine. The film gave me a platform where I could perform as an actor. This isn't one of those gizmo films but instead an outing which is very much performance based. Also, it is a very essential film which you will understand when you would watch it.

The film gave me a platform where I could perform as an actor In the film you have ex-Miss India Universe Puja Gupta for company. How does her presence add on to the film? We needed a girl who is very beautiful looking but is not conscious of her beauty all the time. She is one of the boys and the good thing is that when she becomes glamorous, she really knows what she is up to (smiles). Now that's a huge advantage that we had when we decided to rope in Puja. There couldn't have been a better casting. Since this is Puja's first film, it must have led to some uncomfortable moments for both of you in front of camera.

Puja was so nervous for the first couple of days that it was difficult to have her in a sane state of mind (smiles). It was only later that she started feeling a little sorted out. Credit for that must go to Remo D'Souza (the film's director) who used to keep the atmosphere so chilled out. He ensured that there were no tense moments whatsoever. Also, since Puja comes from a beauty queen background, how much did that help or take away from the film? (Laughs) We were like 'kaun Miss India, kahan ki Miss India, we are friends here on the sets so let's chill out'.

Neither she nor any of us gave out any vibes whatsoever that she had a beauty pageant background. No one came with any baggage. For all of us out there, it was the case of 'ghar ki murgi daal barabar'.
    ...being a human...