Kal Ho Na Ho
    India & Cambodia

Default Meet Aamir Khan's manager from Ghajini

Follow us on Social Media

Meet Aamir Khan's manager from Ghajini Click here to add this article to My Clips

By Screen Weekly, January 5, 2009 - 09:34 IST

Khalid Siddique, who has been the face of many television commercials, talks about his big break with Ghajini.

I was ecstatic when I was offered the role in Ghajini. In the film I play Aamir Khan's manager who is also his confidante and friend of sorts. I handle his work professionally and he is pretty close to me in the film. He relies on me for all the decisions and even turns to me when he falls in love.

It was a tough process. I guess the director of the film A R Murugadoss saw my ads and the casting director Amita Sengal gave me a call and asked me if I was interested in doing the part. Murugadoss personally supervised my auditions and the tapes were later sent to Aamir Khan, who gave his consent.

Actually I started modelling when somebody noticed me in college and suggested that I try and give modelling a shot. After that there was no looking back and till date I have about 150 commercials to my credit. I had a small role in Jogger's Park but Ghajini has been the best thing to have happened to me. I have also done theatre for a while and have attended quite a few workshops.

First shot

My very first shot in the film is with Aamir where he comes to India from London for the first time. In the scene I was supposed to introduce myself to him and accompany him to see some banners for our company.

Actually I have never taken anything seriously in life. I am not someone who will aggressively try to achieve my dreams and goals. I wait for the right things to happen at the right time. Since I do not have any godfather in the industry I had to wait for good work to come along. You need someone to guide you and help you choose good roles.

Lessons learnt

You have to be doing work and get noticed because out of sight is out of mind. Since I have a background in advertising, I have learnt that patience, perseverance and being focussed are very important. You have to stay grounded and not let the stardom get into your head.

Matinee idol

I had the privilege of working with one of the finest actors in Bollywood very early in my career. After working with Aamir Khan, I would love to work with someone who comes close to him, maybe Shah Rukh Khan. It is much easier if you get to work with like-minded people.

Future projects

As of now, I am vacationing! I will be back in a week's time and will look at a few scripts. I will continue with modelling for sure, but I am yet to sign anything new! I am keeping my fingers crossed!