Runner Up - Admins Awards

Default 'I have no problem with the intimate scenes'

Follow us on Social Media

From working as a beauty therapist in England to winning the Miss Britain title in 2006, model Preeti Desai has come a long way.

She was featured in the Kingfisher Swimsuit Special Calendar in 2008 and is now set to make her Bollywood debut with Shor In The City. The movie stars Tusshar Kapoor, Sendhil Ramamurthy and Nikhil Dwivedi in the lead and is slated for release next month.

Desai talks to Sonil Dedhia about her Bollywood debut and the rumors about hooking up with Abhay Deol

You have been surrounded by controversies. Does it affect you?

I was always warned against controversies and it really doesn't matter as long as I know what is happening in my life. I take it with a pinch of salt.

So let's clear the air, are you dating Abhay Deol?

Since the time I have started my Bollywood career rumours about Abhay Deol's love life and me have been doing rounds in the industry. The media has gone from linking us together to getting us engaged. They have also written that we split because of my intimate scenes in the movie and have also got us back. It seems so funny because so much has already happened in my life I am not aware of it.

I would not like to comment on my personal life and let the media carry any rumors. It really doesn't bother me.

Were you apprehensive about having to do a kissing scene in the film?

I was a little apprehensive but at the end I guess the whole culture is changing and audience today has matured. So it really didn't bother me much.

I have no problem with those intimate moments and don't want them to be snipped out. I had faith in my director and the scene has been shot stylishly and beautifully.
    ...being a human...