Landed To DesiRulez

Default UFC 129: St.Pierre vs Shields. Breakdown and predictions

Follow us on Social Media

I do this on pretty much every forum I'm a part of and I will continue that trend here. I will put up the entire card(subject to change depending on how early I put it up) and breakdown the main card and make my predictions. Feel free to debate and make your own picks. I will post the winners after the event takes place.

UFC 129: St.Pierre vs Shields April 30th
    UFC Welterweight Championship:
    (Champ)Georges St-Pierre vs Jake Shields
    My heart is with Shields...............however I just don't see him having much of a chance in this fight. He could perhaps pull off a submission, I just feel that he won't be able to take GSP down and GSP clearly has the better stand up. So even though I'm rooting for Shields............................
    Winner: Georges St-Pierre

UFC Featherweight Championship:
    (Champ)Jose Aldo vs Mark Hominick
    Jose Aldo is simply a beast. Hominick has looked impressive but Jose is lighting fast and has brutal stand-up, and a BJJ blackbelt. I'm not giving Hominick much of a chance in this one.
    Winner: Jose Aldo

Jason Brilz vs Vladimir Matyushenko
    This is close to a toss up. Both have excellent wrestling, but Brilz stand-up while not that great is better then Vlads
    Winner: Jason Brilz

Randy Couture vs. Lyoto Machida
    This depends on who can implement their gameplan and Randy is a master at that. If he can get ahold of Machida and press him up against the cage and dirty box with Machida he will take it. Machida's elusive style has cost him a couple of wins. He doesn't engage as much as he should instead choosing to counter, he won't be able to do that up against the cage. Machidas striking is phenominal though and Coutures chin is questionable.
    Winner: Lyoto Machida

Mark Bocek vs. Ben Henderson
    This one is easy, Bocek needs to submit Bendo to win and Bendo just doesn't tap. Bendo also has great wrestling so he can dictate where the fight will take place and his striking is much better then Boceks.
    Winner: Ben Henderson

PRELIMS: I won't be breaking down the Prelims just yet and instead will just bold who I think will win.

Nate Diaz vs. Rory MacDonald
    Brian Foster vs. Sean Pierson
    Pablo Garza vs. Yves Jabouin
    Claude Patrick vs. Daniel Roberts
    Ivan Menjivar vs. Charlie Valencia
    Jason MacDonald vs. Ryan Jensen
    John Makdessi vs. Kyle Watson

And there we go. I hope whoever watches this enjoys the fights and again freel free to make your picks.
    Last edited by Semtex; 03-29-2011 at 04:34 PM.
    You are illegally trespassing on this signature. Please move on. You have 20 seconds to comply.