Runner Up - Admins Awards

Default 'Supercop' Ajay Devgn in Rohit Shetty's Singham

Follow us on Social Media

Ajay Devgn is one of the very few men in Bollywood, who practices what he preaches. We will explain how. Ajay, a few days back was chosen as the 'face' of Maharashtra Police Department. Well, it seems that Ajay has taken his role very seriously, and this 'seriousness' will come all alive in his forthcoming film Singham directed by Rohit Shetty. Even as you are reading this, Ajay is currently in Goa, shooting for Reliance Entertainment's Singham.

Talking about his role in the film, Ajay said, "It's a film about men. Singham will mark the return of hardcore raw action to the cinemas with a lot of dialogue-baazi and machismo. It should sock a punch; it will connect to the man on the street because of its simple narrative and terrific action."

Rohit Shetty on the other hand said, "I have not used a single foreign fighter or imported any foreign equipment for my film. I personally feel indigenous action has a better impact than all the foreign stunts that people are obsessing about these days. As Indians, we identify with our style of raw action, which we have sidelined because some of us have suddenly developed an affinity to the West. To each his own, but for me what works is our own desi action. My hero Bajirao Singham (Ajay) is a simple police officer who is happy to toe the line till he is provoked by baddie Prakash Raj to show his ferocious side. And when Ajay does that, hell breaks loose!"

From the looks of it, one feels that the Ajay-Rohit duo is now all set to repeat history with this all-action flick. Singham also stars southern beauty Kajal Aggarwal as the romantic lead opposite Ajay Devgn and is slated for release on July 22.

...being a human...