shawn rebecca

Default 11 march 2011 news

Follow us on Social Media

John Morrison & Melina Banned From Hollywood Club Following Birthday Celebration

Apparently WWE Superstars John Morrison and Melina have been banned from a Hollywood club following an incident where the couple jumped into the pool splashing water on patron's expensive clothes. Police were called to the scene but no charges were filed.

@RealMelina & I jumped in the pool at Skybar- 3 lonely trolls pitched a fit about me splashing their $2000 boots and got us kicked out

... Security doesn't like confrontation... @realmelina and I are banned for life from Skybar... And... I DON'T CARE

Skybar! Why would you have a pool if you didn't want us to jump in? It's Melina's birthday! ... C'maaaaan!!!

Haha! They called the cops but we took the got the Brain Surge limo outta there! @MATTHARDYBRAND: Nitro! That's f*cking rawsome bro!
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +

Bruce Hart Speaks About Calgary's Hart Dungeon, Bret/Owen, Another WWE Signe

- WNW reader Jonel Jaksa sent the following... Check out an exclusive WDFN Wrestling Elite interview with Bruce Hart of the legendary Hart Wrestling Family. Bruce talks about his new book, Straight From The Hart, about all the talent that came out of Calgary's Hart Dungeon, about Bret, Owen, Vince, Wrestlemania 26, the things that are wrong with wrestling today and much more! Find out how to listen to or download this interview at this link.

- Wrestling News World reader Fernando sent word that WWE has signed Bosnia-born Australian wrestler Irena Janjic to a developmental contract. Irena is an alumna from Lance Storm's wrestling academy and worked for Storm's promotion Prairie Wrestling Alliance along with recently WWE-signed female wrestler Tenille Taylor

Final TNA Victory Road Lineup

TNA Wrestling will hold their Victory Road pay-per-view on Sunday from Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida. Be sure and join us here at for live play-by-play coverage. Below is the complete lineup:

TNA Championship
    - Sting (c) vs. Jeff Hardy

#1 Contender's Match
    - Mr. Anderson vs. Rob Van Dam

-AJ Styles vs. Matt Hardy

First Blood Match
    - Hernandez vs. Matt Morgan

Ultimate X Match for the TNA X Division Championship
    - Kazarian (c) vs. Jeremy Buck vs. Max Buck vs. Robbie E.

TNA Tag Team Championship Match
    - Beer Money (c) vs. Ink Inc.

Challenge Match
    - Bully Ray vs. Tommy Dreamer

TNA Knockouts Tag Team Championship
    - Angelina Love & Winter (c) vs. Rosita & Sarita

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++

MVP & A-Train Experience Earthquake In Japan

For those that haven't heard, a major earthquake, as well as a resulting tsunami, struck Japan late last night. It is being reported that the magnitude was at least 8.8, and the tsunami had a height of over 4 meters.

Former WWE and current NJPW stars MVP and A-Train (now known as Giant Bernard) experienced the earthquake firsthand, though they were not at the epicenter. Both men have posted pictures of the damage on their Twitter accounts.

You can view MVP's photos on his Twitter page by clicking here. You can view Giant Bernard's photos on his Twitter page by clicking here.

New Trailer For WWE All Stars - New Gameplay Mode and Characters Revealed

A new trailer for WWE All Stars has been posted on IGN, which reveals the new "Fantasy Warfare" mode. In this mode, the player can play through 15 of the greatest dream matches between current superstars and past legends. Such matches include Hulk Hogan vs. John Cena, "Stone Cold" Steve Austin vs. CM Punk, Jake "The Snake" Roberts vs. Randy Orton, and Rowdy Roddy Piper vs. Sheamus.

Additionally, Masked Kane and The Miz with his old attire can be seen in the trailer. It is unclear at this time whether these will be separate characters or alternate attire

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +

Yahoo Reports On Price Drop Of Hulk Hogan's Home

Yahoo has an article up on celebrity houses on sale that are now being sold at lower prices. Hulk Hogan is one such celebrity, as he originally put his Belleair, Florida home on the market in August 2009 for $13.9 million. Currently, the house is being sold for $10.9 million. The article also states that Hogan bought the house for $2 million in 1992. The house was seen throughout the duration of Hogan Knows Best.

Wade Barrett Appears On Sky Sports News

shawn rebecca

Watch The Wrestling Debut Of Jersey Shore's Angelina Here

Angelina from Jersey Shore made her in-ring debut in TNA this week, teaming with Cookie and Sarita against Winter, Angelina Love, and Velvet Sky. The video of the match is embedded below:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++
    [b]The better Wrestlemania buildup is: Edge vs. Del Rio[/]

I know the WWE's main focus is on the WWE Championship match at WM 27, since it involves its current "poster children" - The Miz and John Cena. In addition, The Rock will play a very critical role in this buildup. I love the fact that WWE is letting these three men, in particular to Cena and the Rock, let them being themselves these past few weeks. Not having either man "censored" is quite refreshing, especially in the TV PG era. This buildup is bringing some sort of shock value back in sports entertainment.

With that being said, I feel that the buildup that is getting better and better (even more so better than the WWE Championship), is Edge vs. Del Rio.

Let me explain why.

The reason why I feel emotionally invested in this feud is not because of Del Rio's Mexican ethnicity, but the fact that both men represent two different paths.

First, Edge has been in the WWE for over 12 years. He has won many championships during his reign in the WWE, multiple times. He has won the WWE/World Championships 11 times since 2006. During his time in the WWE, Edge has earned his way to the main-event by being patient in the mid-card and overcoming a plethora of injuries - most noticeably his neck injury. However, Edge seems to be in his twilight of his career at this point.

Secondly, Alberto Del Rio was given a massive push since his debut during the Summer of 2010. In less than a year, he has gained a lot of notice due to his presences and his exposure to the WWE "universe." Although his character is unoriginal, yet he fits it. He has the look, charisma, ability, and the buildup from the WWE for ADR was done carefully and nearly perfectly.

While watching Smackdown! this past Friday, their contract segment told the story. Edge's eyes and face told his current estate (character wise). It showed that he went through triumph and tragedy. If you were watching Edge throughout his career in the WWE, you know this guy went through hell. While ADR's demeanor showed someone who has not (yet) went through what Edge did, and probably won't due to the nature of the WWE, now.

He segment showed a more physical side on ADR and Edge - both men were literally beating the crap out of each other, with Del Rio being the man giving the punishment. Now there is a wild card: Christian. Another man who has been through "hoops on fire," but not as much as Edge. Christian gave an even worse beating to Del Rio, which made the story more compelling to fellow than Cena/Miz, because it made me want to know where the WWE is going with this feud.

One may assume that Christian may turn on Edge at WM27 or at least cost him the Championship. Either way, Christian is the wild card and will be a major factor in the outcome of this match at WM27.

Can this mean that Christian will get a much deserved push after WM27? Will we have two Championships that are not Cena, Orton, Edge, etc.? Will this be the final WM for Edge? Will this massive push ruin Del Rio in the long run? What will happen?
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++
    The Last of an Era

With the Undertaker's recent return and the subsequent confrontation with Triple H, it brought to the fore an often overlooked fact. Triple H spoke of himself and the Undertaker being the last of an era. While those words are true, their meaning rings a little deeper for the Undertaker, for he is the last of the gimmick wrestlers.

Back in the late 80's and early 90's the wrestling industry was filled with a multitude of colourful characters. Each of them had a unique and identifiable gimmick. The Red Rooster, Doink the Clown, The Million Dollar Man, The Natural Disasters, The Barbarian, The Warlord, The Goon, The Headshrinkers, Duke 'The Dumpster' Droese, the list goes on and on. They were almost comic-book in their presentation and their various characters and idiosyncracies were played upon and marketed.

In November 1990 at the Survivor Series, a gimmick would debut that would endure in one form or another for the next two decades; The Undertaker. In the seven years that followed the character of the Undertaker would fit in well with the other colourful characters, having memorable battles with other 'supernatural' forces within the (then)WWF.

As the 20th century drew to a close, so did the era of the gimmick wrestler. The Attitude Era erupted in full force. What then ruled were cults of personality, edgy content, and some of the most memorable moments in professional wrestling. Not only did the Undertaker character survive this shift in direction, but thrived, becoming darker and far more sinister. If the seeds of the Undertakers legend were sown in the early 90's, then it was during the late 90's when they began to bud. The combination of many epic matches and an eight year tenure ensured the character would endure through this era of Stone Cold, The Rock and D-X.

The Undertaker vanished in 1999. What returned in 2000 was not the Phenom we all know and love, but a biker in sunglasses on a Harley Davidson. It seemed the Undertaker had succumbed to the gimmick purge, sporting an entirely unsupernatural appearance and demenour. Gone was the grand, eerie entrance and the Graveyard Symphony. Gone was the tall, imposing, black-clad figure that dominated the ring. Gone were the chills down the spine. All that was left was a single iconic "Gong" of the bell toll. For the next four years we had an Undertaker, but it was not the Undertaker.

When the bell tolled at Wrestlemania XX it heralded the return of the Deadman. Everything that made the Undertaker the monolith that he is returned with him. The presence, the familliar tingle on the back of the neck and the thunderous cheers from the crowd. For the next eight years we watched the legend grow and that Wrestlemania streak get longer and longer with each successive victory.

The question I'm trying to answer here is why the Undertaker character has endured for so long. It's a combination of many factors. The first is being conceived at a time when such over the top gimmicks were commonplace. The character was first pushed as being an unstoppable force, immune to pain and even toppled the Immortal Hulk Hogan, who at the time was force unto himself. Being portrayed by Mark Calaway, who at 6'8" (being billed at 6'10") and around 300lbs, has the physical presence and in-ring talent to carry the character well. However, I believe the main reason why the Undertaker character has endured for so long is a simple one; Popularity.

The Undertaker is arguably the most recognised professional wrestler in the world. Only Hulk Hogan and the Rock can claim similar worldwide fame. He has been in the spotlight for more than 20 years, each year accruing a new generation of fans. He captivates by virtue of his own legacy, but more importantly by being something so unreal in a world of 'real'. This new moniker, 'The Last Outlaw', doesn't do him justice. He is the last of the great gimmick wrestlers, the last true superhero of professional wrestling.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++

Undertaker/HHH WrestleMania A Rick Starr blog Splash

Over the past decades he has been called the Phenom, Bad-Ass, but of course most popular: Dead Man! His WrestleMania streak is almost as legendary as the “Last Outlaw” himself. The Undertaker clearly has more memorable moments in WWF/WWE history than anyone who has come before him.

While the Undertaker walks in the darkness, this years current opponent, lives for stealing the spotlight (Perhaps a bit more than his best friend HBK). HHH has been working on a movie, nursing an injury, but more importantly he has been getting more comfortable with his newest role as head of productions in the back (according to what the websites say anyway).

Now I thought it was great for The Undertaker to come down with some new Music, and even gave himself a new nick-name “The Last Outlaw”, they were both very fitting for his character. However (And I can already hear the haters rumbling now) he really needs to get some new mic material. It seams to me at this stage of his career, that he's just going through the motions. There was no real passion in his words, Perhaps he's getting tired of the Character, and wants a change? Maybe he's getting ready to retire in the very near future? I myself would have liked to see him come down, with a laid, back / bad-ass attitude that most of us saw him on that segment of UFC. Personally, I think the “Dead-Man” gimmick has run itself out again. But, honestly at this stage of his career it would be foolish to do a complete gimmick change.

I think the HHH/Undertaker match I think will be a good match, but I'm not expecting to win any awards like the HBK/Taker 1 at WrestleMania 25. I think that HHH will certainly do all he can to carry the match, and have Taker show off some of his high points. However I don't expect to see the high-flying Phenom that we have seen in the past. If he pulls off one Suicide Dive, I will be surprised. The Undertaker was injured 2 times in later 2010. Once from a Orbital Bone injury, and then a couple months later he suffered a rotator cuff injury, which kept him out this last time. The Undertaker has been injury-pron as of late, and I would hate to see him get injured due to something foolish.

As to who is going to win...I don't even think we need to talk about that one...but why not. Needless to say the Undertaker is going to win. In this match it makes perfect sense. His opponent is basically a manager in the back, who made a special return for this match, and to settle his score with Sheamus...which he did. Just like Dwayne (The Rock), I think HHH will primarily return to the back. Sure we will see HHH frequently on special announcements, but even he said last week on RAW, “There's none left to beat. I beat them all.” So of course, it makes sense for The Undertaker to win.

As a big fan I am of the Undertaker, I truly hope he considers hanging up his boots soon. I would rather see him leave at this point and be remembered for the true phenom that he is. Rather than have him be like Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan or Mic Foley, and stay around for way too many years, and turn out to be nothing but a shell of what he once were. -Rick Starr

Thank you for reading the Rick Starr Blog Splash. I would like to let you know Every Wednesday at 8:00pm – 10pm Eastern Time I co-host a wrestling talk show called Wrestle DOWN! If your a video game fan we also have a video game show called GAME UP Live on Saturday's 8:00pm – 10pm Eastern Time. Check us out at

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++

Original Brodus Clay Plans, RAW To Portland, & More

-- On May 23rd, WWE Monday Night RAW returns to the Rose Garden Arena in Portland, Oregon.

-- Former WWE creative member John Piermarini said on his Twitter account that Brodus Clay was originally tapped for the role of Ted DiBiase's bodyguard last year. The role, however, went to Virgil.

-- Here is the card for tonight;s Dragon Gate USA: United We Stand PPV:

* Open The United Gate Championship: Masato Yoshino & PAC vs. Chuck Taylor & Johnny Gargano to determine the first champions
    * CIMA, Naruki Doi, Ricochet and Dragon Kid vs. Jimmy Jacobs, Austin Aries, YAMATO and Sami Callihan
    * No Rules Match: Homicide vs. Jon Moxley
    * BxB Hulk vs. Akira Tozawa
    * Cheech vs. AR Fox
    * Also appearing are Reby Sky, Brodie Lee, Rich Swann, More

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++

shawn rebecca

shawn rebecca