Runner Up - Admins Awards

Default Priyanka: I haven't hidden the cash under my bed

Follow us on Social Media

Priyanka Chopra set the record straight when she met up with the media, and clarified her stand on the Income tax raid on her premises.

The actress also spoke to Sonil Dedhia about her recent run-in with Kareena Kapoor, and of course, her upcoming film 7 Khoon Maaf.

Over to Priyanka:

There are reports that the Income Tax department found an undisclosed amount of 6 crores in your house. Can you please clarify?

I guess my chartered accountant had clarified with the media and my spokesperson gave a statement as well. But it's shocking because whatever was reported was all unsubstantiated news, presented as reality. It was all source-based news. The media just wants to put something on the front page without even verifying it.

I have never experienced something like this at any point of time in my career. This has really affected me. I am co-operating with the investigating authorities.

About finding 6 crores in my house, I've not even seen so much cash. I haven't hidden it under my bed!

It was also reported that Shahid Kapoor was present at the time of the raid.

My mother was not at home at that time. Shahid lives just three minutes away from my house. So yes, I did call him because I couldn't think of calling anyone else then.

There was a time when you were among the highest tax payers in Bollywood. Now suddenly, you are in the IT raid list.

To flatter myself, I can say that these things happen with big and famous people (smiles). I feel proud to be in the list of the highest tax payers, and would like to remain in that list.
    ...being a human...