Runner Up - Admins Awards

Default It's 'Director Exchange' on the sets of Taarak and Papad Pol..

Follow us on Social Media

We hear that an 'Exchange' has happened between the Directors of two of the popular SAB TV shows, Taarak Mehta and Papad Pol...

It seems like Sony TV's new reality show Maa Exchange has set a trend of 'exchanges' in the entertainment industry!! This time we are not talking about a show which is based on such exchange... We are referring to a swap that has happened between two of the popular shows of SAB TV, Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah and Papad Pol..

Our source says, "It was nothing done deliberately but it was a mere coincidence that the directors of these two shows got into each others place just few days back. Dheeraj Phalsetkar who was earlier Director of Papad Pol has now gone to Taarak Mehta, and Dharmesh Mehta of Taarak has now joined the Papad Pol team as Director. This has definitely given rise to few raised eyebrows within the industry just because Taarak and Papad Pol are poles apart when it comes to ratings. While Taarak is doing extremely well with a consistent TRP of over 3.5, Papad Pol remains at an average rating of 1.7. So there is a buzz going on that, bringing the ace Director Dharmesh Mehta into the Papad Pol camp might turn out to be profitable for the show.."

We contacted Ami Trivedi who confirmed, "Yes, the directors are changed, and now we have Taarak Mehta's director with us and working with him is superb as even he belongs to Gujarati background. I know him since he was in theater. Frankly speaking, I am happy with Dharmesh Mehta and I was also happy with our initial director Dheeraj Palshetkar".

We contacted Disha Wakani on the same but she refused to comment anything on this issue and asked us to contact their producer as he can give us more detail.

Producer of Taarak Mehta, Asit Modi had this to say, "I don't know what the reason was for this swap. It was not done deliberately and it can be called as a mere coincidence. I don't know why Dharmesh left from here, and even I am not bothered about who does what".

Whatever may be the reason, we simply hope both the shows do well with their respective directors!
    ...being a human...