Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Healing Cabbage Soup
01-13-2011, 01:22 AM #1
Healing Cabbage Soup
* 3 tablespoons olive oil
* 1/2 onion, chopped
* 2 cloves garlic, chopped
* 2 quarts water
* 4 teaspoons chicken bouillon
* 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
* 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
* 1/2 head cabbage, cored and coarsely chopped
* 1 (14.5 ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes, drained and diced
1. In a large stockpot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Stir in onion and garlic; cook until onion is transparent, about 5 minutes.
2. Stir in water, bouillon, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, then stir in cabbage. Simmer until cabbage wilts, about 10 minutes.
3. Stir in tomatoes. Return to a boil, then simmer 15 to 30 minutes, stirring often....being a human...