Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Sour Cream Chicken Quiche
12-31-2010, 01:16 AM #1
Sour Cream Chicken Quiche
* 1 (9 inch) frozen prepared pie crust, thawed
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 1/4 cup chopped onion
* 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
* 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
* 1 cup cooked, cubed chicken meat
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
* 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
* 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
* 2 eggs, lightly beaten
* 3/4 cup milk
* 3/4 cup sour cream
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) and line a 9-inch pie plate with thawed pie crust; refrigerate until ready to fill.
2. Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat. Saute onion and bell pepper for 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add flour, then cook and stir for an additional 2 minutes. Finally, stir in chicken, salt, nutmeg and pepper and mix well.
3. Spread chicken mixture over the bottom of the unbaked pie shell, and top with Cheddar cheese and Swiss cheese. In a small bowl whip together the egg beat, milk and sour cream and pour mixture over chicken mixture.
4. Bake at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) for 20 minutes, then reduce temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and bake for another 30 to 35 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the pie comes out clean....being a human...