Runner Up - Admins Awards

Default Giant Hole Opens up in German Town

Follow us on Social Media

An aerial view shows the dimensions of the crater, 30 meters in diameter and 20 meters deep, that opened up in the eastern German town of Schmalkalden early on Monday morning. An empty vehicle plunged in to it but no one was hurt, even though the chasm is in the middle of a residential area of town

Emergency workers standing near the edge of the crater. Six houses have been evacuated and earth is continuing to crumble from the rim of the crater, police said.

A fireman marking tears in the road tarmac near the hole.

Garages on the abyss. Four cars are perilously close to the edge. A regional official said 10,000 to 12,000 cubic meters of soil had slipped in the landslide. Cracks have appeared in nearby houses.

The whole area has been cordoned off and electricity, water and gas lines have been cut off.

Geologists from the regional mining authority and from the environment ministry are examining the crater. A spokesman for the ministry said the region is prone to landslides because of its geological makeup and pointed out a similar case in the town of Tiefenort, some 40 kilometers from Schmalkalden, earlier this year where five houses became uninhabitable when a two-meter deep crater opened up in January.

Evacuated residents are comforted by friends and relatives.

The crater opened up at 3 a.m. on Monday morning. Thuringia's environment and agriculture minister, Jürgen Reinholz said: "I assume that there is a natural cause for the landslide." He ruled out that it could have been triggered by salt mining.

...being a human...

I am Brown so ARe you DOwN?

holy crap!! fuken germans deserves it ...gpd prolly really hates dem
    sorry dude .... Hash

Holy $$$$$$$$ u know wht do i mean

Edit :-