Results 1 to 1 of 1
12-02-2010, 11:26 PM #1
Top 12 Tips for Applying Eye Shadow Perfectly
Were you aware that makeup is as important to your finished look as the clothes you wear? In fact, it is probably more important. We’ve all seen women who did not have the first clue how to apply their eye shadow. However, we’ve also seen women who totally know how to apply it perfectly and they look polished and beautiful. Wouldn’t you like to be one of those women? Why, of course you would, and we are going to give you the top tips so you can do just that.
Well, good news, putting your eye shadow on properly isn’t difficult at all. It’s just a matter of finding the technique and look for you to suit your personal style. Don’t panic if it takes a few attempts to get it right. Follow these steps for best results:
1. Apply a base coat to your eyelids as you do to the rest of your face. Loose powder works or you can apply foundation to the eye area. It gives you an even canvas to work with.
2. Blend, blend, and then blend some more. I cannot stress this step enough. Here’s an experiment for you to try. Blend one eye only and just use a brush to apply the other eye. You will instantly see what I’m talking about and you will never get lazy about blending again!
3. For dramatic eyes, take your eye shadow brush, dip it into water then into your shadow, then apply. This will give you a deeper, more dramatic color.
4. If you’ve got blue eyes, wear purple, violet, taupe, gray, deep blue, and black. Funkier colors include fuchsia, turquoise, and silver.
5. For green eyes, wear purple, plum, forest green, brown, and khaki. Funkier choices can include light green, gold, and bright purple.
6. For brown eyes, wear champagne, copper, brown, apricot, khaki, and beige. Funky color choices include royal blue, tangerine, and hot pink.
7. Everybody can wear navy, powder blue, and charcoal. Trendy colors include silver.
8. Always apply a lighter shadow in the inner corner of the eye to reflect the light. This also makes the eye look younger!
9. If you need your eyes to look larger, use a light color on the inner corner, and a darker shade in the middle of the eyelid area.
10. Practice until you get the knack of applying your eye shadow down to a science. After some practice, your make up will appear more natural and polished.
11. Apply dark shadow only to the eyelids from the lash line to the crease in the eyelid. Apply medium shadow from just below the eyelid crease up to the brow bone.
12. Always, always highlight along the brow bone. Doing this will make your features stand out naturally and beautifully.
So there it is. With these tips you have the power to apply your eye shadow to look your best.
Remember that while you’re practicing all these steps, you should take notice of what works best for you. Practice by yourself or with a friend and critique each other’s work for perfect results. Have fun!...being a human...