Results 1 to 1 of 1
11-26-2010, 09:18 AM #1
Top 10 best romantic movies from Hollywood7. City of Angels (1998): Meg Ryan, and Nicholas Cage, this amazing movie is a hit among audience. Full of romance, high on drama, City of Angels is loved and appreciated by couple of all ages.Inspired by the modern classic, Wings of Desire, City involves an angel (Cage) who is spotted by a doctor in an operating room. Franz plays Cage's buddy who somehow knows a lot about angels.
1. Love Story (1970): This Ali McGraw and Ryan O'Neal starring romantic movie will leave you emotional undeniably.Harvard Law student Oliver Barrett IV and music student Jennifer Cavilleri share a chemistry they cannot deny - and a love they cannot ignore. Despite their opposite backgrounds, the young couple put their hearts on the line for each other.
2. Titanic (1997): The hit song and the lovers holding hands this is what we remember from the grand ship which sank with the two lovers. Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet star in this sad ending movie. Love does not always have a happy ending; this movie depicts the tale of love tragedy in the most emotional way.Fictional romantic tale of a rich girl and poor boy who meet on the ill-fated voyage of the 'unsinkable' ship.
3. Pretty Woman (1990): Richard Gere who is a businessman needs an escort for some social events, and hires a beautiful prostitute he meets.. only to fall in love. This movie is a classic in the romantic movie genre. The dream pairing of Julia Roberts and Richard Gere creates sheer magic in the mind of audiences. This love story focuses on the intricacies and depth of a relationship.
4. Casablanca (1942): This romantic movie set against the stage of warfare captures dramatic emotions of heart in all sense. A love triangle where two same men contend for the love of same one, this one is a classic with a theme of lost love.
5. An Affair to Remember (1957): A classic romantic film where a couple decides to meet at Empire State Building after six months. This movie is definitely to be remembered and more prominently the love tale of the two wrongly engaged men and women. It deals with meeting and parting of life to pose a threat of tragedy. This one is a hit when it comes to spending a cozy time with your partner.
6. Vertigo (1958): Alfred Hitch**** usually has suspense movies in hand but here is a romantic movie, a story of detective who falls in love with an old friends wife while investigating about her. This love movie is a work of art. While watching this, do not miss on a single shot, packed with thrill right from the beginning to the end this one gives you goose bumps.
Romantic movies have forever enthralled viewers of all ages and country. From the classic black and white movies to the coloured Titanic here is a list of best Romantic films of all times collected from IMDB and other movie sites, these romantic movies are from Hollywood:-
8. Jerry MaGuire (1996): Starring Tom Cruise as a sports agent. This movie went on a different path to strike the romantic chord of men too. Depicting the strengthened bond of love and illustrating romance from a men's perspective, this one is a romantic treat. It brings out the best in every man from the worst part.
9. The Notebook (2004): Tim Ivey a poor passionate man falls for young rich woman. It defines love and why is it that everyone should have a taste of it. Dipped in love and romance, this one depicts the cycle of young love, lost love, found love and true love.
10. Gone with the Wind (1939): The all time hit and oscar winner, American classic in which a manipulative woman and a roguish man carry on a turbulent love affair in the American south during the Civil War and Reconstruction.
Some other romantic movies include Rear Window (1954), It's a Wonderful Life (1946), Forrest Gump (1994), North by Northwest (1959) and WALL·E (2008)...being a human...