Runner Up - Admins Awards

Default Spirituality, homosexuality, thriller on offer at box office

Follow us on Social Media

A film based on the preachings of Shirdi Sai Baba, another on the controversial issue of homosexuality and a thriller too -- movie buffs will have three distinctively different films in "Maalik Ek", "Dunno Y... Na Jaane Kyun" and "Nakshatra" on offer this Friday.

Maalik Ek" marks a comeback of sorts for actor Jackie Shroff, who dons the garb of Shirdi Sai Baba. The film is based on the saint's preachings and philosophies.

The film will take audiences back to the era when Sai Baba was refused or was prohibited from various communities and villages surrounding Shirdi in Maharashtra as the villagers thought he was a thief.

The much-delayed, low-budget film is directed by Deepak Balraj Vij and produced by Kishori Shahane Vij under the banner of Om The Mantra Productions. The film also stars veteran actor Manoj Kumar, Divya Dutta and Rohini Hattangadi.

Jackie admits that this role has changed his outlook.

"When I was offered this role, I was apprehensive whether I would be able to do justice to it or not. It took six months for the director to convince me. But once I got into the character and wore Sai Baba's clothes, everything looked easy," Jackie told IANS.

"I didn't prepare for it at all. I could automatically walk like him and even talk like him. This role has changed my soul and perception," he said.

On the other hand, "Dunno Y...Na Jaane Kyun" deals with homosexuality. Directed by debutant director Sanjay Sharma, it tells the story of a serious relationship between two men. It stars Kapil Sharma and Yuvraj Parashar in lead roles.
    ...being a human...