Runner Up - Admins Awards

Default Everytime I do a film, it is called a new innings" - Aarti Chabria

Follow us on Social Media

In the recent past, Aarti Chabria has done a number of films where she has been a part of an ensemble cast. In fact in her career spanning close to a decade, she hasn't done too many solo starrers. At the beginning of her career, she worked in a multi heroine set up in Awara Paagal Deewana where she was paired opposite Akshay Kumar and played an NRI 'tapori'. Later she had Govinda for company in Raja Bhaiyya where she played an insane girl. In David Dhawan's Shaadi No. 1 she played a glamorous chic girl while in Shootout At Lokhandwala she was seen as a conservative girl who happened to be a bar dancer. Now that she would be seen as a solo lead in Dus Tola, one does tend to believe that it could well be the kick start of a new beginning for Aarti.

You are playing a main lead opposite Manoj Bajpai in Dus Tola. Can one say that Aarti is pretty much looking at a new innings from here on?
    I don't really know why people say so every time I do a film. It has become repetitive actually since I have been hearing this ever since I did Shootout At Lokhandwala. Perhaps because Dus Tola has me in a solo lead, people are terming this as a 'new innings' or whatever. See, you can say that as long as it is in a positive sense. I won't mind that since response to my altogether different look and presentation in Dus Tola has been quite positive. People have never seen me in this avatar so of course I am very nervous. I am waiting so anxiously for the film's release.
    ...being a human...