Runner Up - Admins Awards

Default Happy Birthday Freida Pinto

Follow us on Social Media

Freida Pinto (born 18 October 1984) is an Indian actress and professional model best known for her portrayal of Latika in the 2009 Academy Award winning film Slumdog Millionaire. Pinto also won a Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture.

Destiny's very own child Freida Pinto's 26th birthday is an occassion befitting a recap of her meteoric rise to fame. Here, take a look

As a child she would stand in front of the mirror and imitate actors. Her sister Sharon says, " Every afternoon, she'd sing or put on a play for the family."

The 10-year-old Freida admired Miss Universe Sushmita Sen and dreamed of becoming an actress one day.

‘I am going to do something like that some day, " she said.

Like any other newcomer in the industry, Freida had to struggle to make a mark before she got her big break in Slumdog Millionaire.

She anchored the international travel show, Full Circle, on Zee International Asia Pacific from 2006-08

Not many remember her appearing in advertisements for Wrigley's Chewing Gum, Škoda, Vodafone India, Airtel, and DeBeers.

Freida also appeared on many runway shows and magazine covers.

Struggling to find work in Bollywood, luck struck when she auditioned for Danny Boyle's Slumdog Millionaire and got offered the role for the movie's female lead, Latika.

The movie was an international hit, winning eight Academy Awards in 2008. Freida herself was nominated for quite a few awards herself, including BAFTA Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role.

Freida has not looked back since.

The success of Slumdog also brought with it scandal, as a steamy music video of Freida was released.

The song, I Promise You by Dal Hothi which she had signed before Slumdog happened, stunned everyone

The media enjoyed a field day when Freida broke up with her fiancee Rohan Antao and started dating her Slumdog Millionaire co-star Dev Patel.

Many even claimed that she was secretly married to Rohan, but Freida quite obviously denied the rumors.

Though Dev and Freida have never been open about their relationship, their many red carpet appearances got the gossip mongers talking.

Yet again, there was a rumor that Freida was engaged to the actor.

Rumors were that Dev's mother was quite upset when she read this online, and he had to explain, ""I was like, Mum, 'I didn't (get engaged) trust me."

After her incredible performance, she bagged a role with Hollywood director Woody Allen. You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger had the likes of Antonio Banderas, Josh Brolin, Anthony Hopkins, Anupam Kher and Naomi Watts sharing screen space with the actress.

According to estimates, after her phenomenal success Freida was charging upto 13 crores for her films. That is easily beating the likes of Aishwarya Rai and Kareena Kapoor.

In 2009, Freida made it to the 10th position on FHM's Sexiest Women list which had Megan Fox, Jessica Alba, Adriana Lima et al.

A VERY

TO HER

Last edited by Caasanova; 10-18-2010 at 10:19 PM.
    ...being a human...