Runner Up - Admins Awards

Default Emraan Hashmi in Rajkumar Santoshi's Power?

Follow us on Social Media

Emraan Hashmi joined the 'powerful' cast of Rajkumar Santoshi's Power which is fast turning out to be the most star studded affairs of 2011? Well, that's the gossip going around in the industry circles ever since Power first came in news close to a fortnight ago.

Says an industry insider, "Yes, there have been talks of Emraan making an appearance in the film. Though the actor doesn't do too many multi starrers, he did give the film a close hearing when he was approached for it. Rajkumar Santoshi is a huge name and his ensemble starrers can prove to be a huge draw. Also, Emraan too has opened up more after the smash success of Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai which was a two hero project. He too feels that it isn't bad after all to bring in that occasional multi starrer in his profile."

However, the man in the question - Emraan - diffuses the speculation and denies that he is doing the film. "No, I am not a part of it", is all that he is willing to comment when quizzed around the rumour making the rounds.

"Yes, I was in talks with Firoz bhai. We did have discussions that were taken to some level. However, it eventually didn't work out. So yes, for the record, I am not doing Power. There is always a next time though", says Emraan.

One would have thought though after Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai, he won't mind being a part of big multi starrers.

Well, that should set the record once for and all.
    ...being a human...