Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Honey Walnut Shrimp
10-06-2010, 10:57 PM #1
Honey Walnut Shrimp
* 1 cup water
* 2/3 cup white sugar
* 1/2 cup walnuts
* 4 egg whites
* 2/3 cup mochiko (glutinous rice flour)
* 1/4 cup mayonnaise
* 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
* 2 tablespoons honey
* 1 tablespoon canned sweetened condensed milk
* 1 cup vegetable oil for frying
1. Stir together the water and sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and add the walnuts. Boil for 2 minutes, then drain and place walnuts on a cookie sheet to dry.
2. Whip egg whites in a medium bowl until foamy. Stir in the mochiko until it has a pasty consistency. Heat the oil in a heavy deep skillet over medium-high heat. Dip shrimp into the mochiko batter, and then fry in the hot oil until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
3. In a medium serving bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, honey and sweetened condensed milk. Add shrimp and toss to coat with the sauce. Sprinkle the candied walnuts on top and serve.
...being a human...