dR Force!!! www.desirulez.net

Default Aamir happy with Oscar nomination of ‘Peepli [Live]’

Follow us on Social Media

Aamir Khan’s home production “Peepli [Live]” has been selected as India’s official entry to next year’s Oscars. Peepli Live will compete for the Oscar in the Best Foreign Film category.
    The big question now is if Peepli will prove to be third time lucky for Aamir at the Oscars? As he has made the trip before with Lagaan and Taare Zameen Par.
    Shot in a small village in Madhya Pradesh the film stars theatre actors and is directed by debutant Anusha Rizvi. The low budget film takes a satirical look on the subject of farmer suicides in India and how the media and politicians tackle the issue.
    The movie follows the story of two poor farmers who face losing their land over an unpaid debt after poor monsoon rains. A local politician suggests they commit suicide so their families get compensation. A journalist overhears one of the farmers apparently urging the other to end his own life, triggering a media frenzy about whether he will go through with it, lampooning India’s sensationalist television news channels.
    Peepli had an unexpectedly good run at the box office in India, and a special screening was even held for Prime Minister Manmohan Singh by Aamir Khan.

Aamir happy with Oscar nomination of ‘Peepli [Live]’

Aamir Khan is on cloud nine as his film ´Peepli [Live]’ has been selected for the Oscar.Aamir Khan missed the opportunity twice to win Oscar awards and this time again he is keeping his fingers crossed. The perfectionist is happy that he can represent India in the international level. The Bollywood star says it is a "special honor" to represent the country.
    Speaking about the special moment, Aamir quips, "I'm really happy to hear that Peepli Live has been chosen to represent India at the Oscars. It is always a special honour for me to represent India on a world platform and I would like to thank the Film Federation of India (FFI) for considering us worthy".
    ‘Peepli [Live]’ is former journalist Anusha Rizvi’s directorial debut that speaks about farmer’s suicide in the rural India. "My congratulations to Anusha and the entire team," added Aamir.