Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: The Humble Shepherd
09-22-2010, 10:17 PM #1
The Humble Shepherd
* cooking spray
* 1 1/2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and sliced 1 1/2 inches thick
* 6 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
* 1 cup milk
* salt and pepper, to taste
* 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
* 1 pound ground turkey
* 1 medium onion, chopped
* 2 (1 ounce) packages instant chicken gravy mix
* 1 cup water
* 1 (16 ounce) package frozen peas and carrots, thawed
* 2 cups shredded cheese of choice
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium baking dish.
2. Cover potatoes with water in a saucepan and boil for 20 to 30 minutes, or until fork-tender. Drain and beat until smooth with an electric mixer. Add butter, milk, and salt and pepper to taste; beat to desired consistency.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Cook and stir turkey and onion until turkey is fully cooked. Add gravy mix and water; stir often, until gravy is thick and bubbly. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Add turkey mixture to the baking dish. Next, layer the peas and carrots, and top with the mashed potatoes. Top with a layer of grated cheese. and bake 20-25 minutes, until cheese is melted, the dish is heated through, and the potatoes are golden on the top.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until cheese is melted and the dish is heated through.
...being a human...