Results 1 to 8 of 8
09-21-2010, 01:17 PM #1
✍ Date in History - September 21stHear are Some Notable Events
that Happened on
This Date in History
September 21 is the 264th day of the year (265th in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar.
There are 101 days remaining until the end of the year.
On This Day
Birthday of Our New Fellow goelritu21
- 1921 A storage silo in Oppau, Germany, explodes, killing 500-600 people.
- 1934 A large typhoon hits western Honshū, Japan, killing 3,036 people.
- 1937 J. R. R. Tolkien's The Hobbit is published.
- 1938 The Great Hurricane of 1938 makes landfall on Long Island in New York. The death toll is estimated at 500-700 people.
- 1939 Romanian Prime Minister Armand Calinescu is assassinated by ultranationalist members of the Iron Guard.
- 1942 On the Jewish holiday of Yom Kippur, Nazis send over 1,000 Jews of Pidhaytsi (west Ukraine) to Belzec extermination camp.
- 1942 In Poland, at the end of Yom Kippur, Germans order Jews to permanently evacuate Konstantynσw and move to the Ghetto in Biała Podlaska, established to assemble Jews from seven nearby towns, including Janσw Podlaski, Rossosz and Terespol.
- 1942 In Dunaivtsi, Ukraine, Nazis murder 2,588 Jews.
- 1942 The B-29 Superfortress makes its maiden flight.
- 1961 Maiden flight of the CH-47 Chinook transportation helicopter.
- 1964 Malta becomes independent from the United Kingdom.
- 1964 The North American XB-70 Valkyrie, the world's first Mach 3 bomber, makes its maiden flight from Palmdale, California.
- 1965 Gambia, Maldives and Singapore are admitted as members of the United Nations.
- 1971 Bahrain, Bhutan and Qatar join the United Nations.
- 1972 Philippine President Ferdinand Marcos signs Proclamation No. 1081 placing the entire country under martial law.
- 1976 Orlando Letelier is assassinated in Washington, D.C. He is a member of the Chilean socialist government of Salvador Allende, overthrown in 1973 by Augusto Pinochet.
- 1976 Seychelles joins the United Nations.
- 1981 Belize is granted full independence from the United Kingdom.
- 1981 Sandra Day O'Connor is unanimously approved by the U.S. Senate as the first female Supreme Court justice.
- 1984 Brunei joins the United Nations.
- 1989 Hurricane Hugo makes landfall in the U.S. state of South Carolina.
- 1991 Armenia is granted independence from Soviet Union.
- 1993 Russian President Boris Yeltsin suspends parliament and scraps the then-functioning constitution, thus triggering the Russian constitutional crisis of 1993.
- 1999 Chi-Chi earthquake occurs in central Taiwan, leaving about 2,400 people dead.
- 2001 Deep Space 1 flies within 2,200 km of Comet Borrelly.
- 2001 AZF chemical plant explodes in Toulouse, France, killing 31 people
- 2001 America: A Tribute to Heroes is broadcast by over 35 network and cable channels, raising over $200 million for the September 11 attack victims.
- 2003 Galileo mission is terminated by sending the probe into Jupiter's atmosphere, where it is crushed by the pressure at the lower altitudes.
- 2004 The Communist Party of India (Marxist-Leninist) People's War and the Maoist Communist Centre of India merge to form the Communist Party of India (Maoist).
- 2008 Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley, the two last remaining independent investment banks on Wall Street, become bank holding companies as a result of the subprime mortgage crisis.
- 1902 Luis Cernuda, Spanish poet (d. 1963)
- 1902 Sir Allen Lane, British founder of Penguin Books (d. 1970)
- 1905 Robert Lebel, French Canadian ice hockey executive (d. 1999)
- 1906 Henry Beachell, American plant breeder (d. 2006)
- 1909 Kwame Nkrumah, 1st President of Ghana (d. 1972)
- 1912 Chuck Jones, American animator (d. 2002)
- 1912 Gyφrgy Sαndor, Hungarian pianist (d. 2005)
- 1916 Franηoise Giroud, French journalist and politician (d. 2003)
- 1917 Phyllis Nicolson, British mathematician (d. 1968)
- 1918 John Gofman, American Manhattan Project scientist and advocate (d. 2007)
- 1919 Mario Bunge, Argentine philosopher and physicist
- 1919 Fazlur Rahman, Pakistani scholar (d. 1988)
- 1921 John McHale, American baseball player and executive (d. 2008)
- 1924 Hermann Buhl, Austrian mountaineer (d. 1957)
- 1926 Donald A. Glaser, American physicist, Nobel Prize laureate
- 1926 Noor Jehan, Pakistani singer and actress (d. 2000)
- 1929 Sαndor Kocsis, Hungarian footballer (d. 1979)
- 1929 Bernard Williams, English philosopher (d. 2003)
- 1931 Larry Hagman, American actor
- 1933 **** Simon, American racing driver
- 1934 Leonard Cohen, Canadian singer and songwriter
- 1935 Jimmy Armfield, English footballer and manager
- 1935 Henry Gibson, American actor (d. 2009)
- 1936 ****ey Lee, American singer and songwriter
- 1936 Yuriy Luzhkov, Russian politician, mayor of Moscow
- 1936 Diane Rehm, American radio talk show host for National Public Radio
- 1937 John D'Amico, Canadian NHL official (d. 2005)
- 1938 Doug Moe, American basketball player and coach
- 1940 Hermann Knoflacher, Austrian civil engineer
- 1940 Bill Kurtis, American television journalist
- 1941 Jack Brisco, American professional wrestler
- 1941 R. James Woolsey, Jr., Central Intelligence Agency director
- 1944 Fannie Flagg, American actress and novelist
- 1944 Hamilton Jordan, U.S. President Jimmy Carter's original chief of staff (d. 2008)
- 1944 Steve Beshear, Democratic Governor of Kentucky.
- 1945 Jerry Bruckheimer, American film and television producer
- 1945 Richard Childress, NASCAR team owner
- 1945 Shaw Clifton, the 18th General of The Salvation Army
- 1946 Moritz Leuenberger, Swiss Federal Councilor
- 1947 Stephen King, American author
- 1947 Marsha Norman, American playwright
- 1947 Don Felder, American guitarist (Eagles)
- 1949 Artis Gilmore, American basketball player
- 1950 Charles Clarke, British politician
- 1950 Bill Murray, American comedian and actor
- 1951 Bruce Arena, American soccer coach
- 1951 Aslan Maskhadov, Chechen rebel leader (d. 2005)
- 1952 Dave Gregory, English guitar and keyboard player (XTC)
- 1952 Anneliese Michel, German exorcism victim (d. 1976)
- 1953 Arie Luyendyk, Dutch race car driver
- 1954 Shinzo Abe, Japanese politician
- 1954 Phil "Philthy Animal" Taylor, British musician (Motφrhead)
- 1955 Franηois Cluzet, French actor
- 1955 Richard Hieb, American astronaut
- 1955 Mika Kaurismδki, Finnish director
- 1956 Jack Givens, American basketball player
- 1956 Marta Kauffman, American television producer
- 1956 Ricky Morton, American professional wrestler
- 1957 Ethan Coen, American film director
- 1957 Sidney Moncrief, American basketball player
- 1957 Kevin Rudd, 26th Prime Minister of Australia
- 1957 Penny Smith, English television presenter
- 1958 Bruno Fitoussi, French poker player
- 1958 Rick Mahorn, American basketball player
- 1959 Dave Coulier, American actor
- 1959 Danny Cox, American baseball player
- 1959 Corinne Drewery, British singer (Swing Out Sister)
- 1960 David James Elliott, Canadian actor
- 1961 Nancy Travis, American actress
- 1962 Rob Morrow, American actor
- 1963 Curtly Ambrose, Antiguan West Indies cricketer
- 1963 Cecil Fielder, American baseball player
- 1963 Angus Macfadyen, Scottish actor
- 1964 Jorge Drexler, Uruguayan singer and composer
- 1965 Frιdιric Beigbeder, French writer and critic
- 1965 Cheryl Hines, American actress
- 1965 David Wenham, Australian actor
- 1965 Johanna Vuoksenmaa, Finnish film director
- 1967 Glen Benton, American musician (Deicide)
- 1967 Faith Hill, American singer
- 1967 Tyler Stewart, Canadian drummer (Barenaked Ladies)
- 1968 Ricki Lake, American actress and talk show hostess
- 1969 Jason Christiansen, American baseball player
- 1969 Curtis Leschyshyn, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1970 John Cudia, American actor
- 1971 John Crawley, English cricketer
- 1971 Alfonso Ribeiro, American actor
- 1971 Luke Wilson, American actor
- 1972 Olivia Bonamy, French actress
- 1972 Liam Gallagher, English singer (Oasis)
- 1972 Jon Kitna, American football player
- 1972 David Silveria, American drummer (KoЯn)
- 1972 Scott Spiezio, American baseball player
- 1973 Vanessa Grigoriadis, American journalist
- 1973 Oswaldo Sanchez, Mexican footballer
- 1974 Bryce Drew, American basketball player
- 1974 Taral Hicks, American musician
- 1974 Jana Kandarr, German tennis player
- 1974 Andy Todd, English footballer
- 1975 Doug Davis, American baseball player
- 1976 Jonas Bjerre, Danish singer and guitarist (Mew)
- 1976 Poul Hόbertz, Danish footballer
- 1977 Brian Tallet, American baseball player
- 1978 Doug Howlett, New Zealand rugby union footballer
- 1978 Luke Godden, Australian rules footballer
- 1979 Richard Dunne, Irish footballer
- 1979 Chris Gayle, Jamaican West Indies cricketer
- 1979 Julian Gray, English footballer
- 1979 Jaymee Ong, Chinese-Australian model
- 1979 James Allan, Scottish singer (Glasvegas)
- 1980 Robert Hoffman, American actor
- 1980 Kareena Kapoor, Indian actress
- 1980 Nyree Lewis, British Paralympic swimmer
- 1980 Aleksa Palladino, American actress
- 1980 Autumn Reeser, American actress
- 1980 Tomas Scheckter, South African racing driver
- 1981 Nicole Richie, American socialite
- 1981 Rimi Sen, Indian actress
- 1981 Meilinda Soerjoko, Indonesian-Australian actress
- 1982 Eduardo Azevedo, Brazilian racing driver
- 1982 Danny Kass, American snowboarder
- 1982 Marat Izmailov, Russian footballer
- 1982 Parvati Shallow, American reality show contestant
- 1982 Christos Tapoutos, Greek footballer
- 1982 Rowan Vine, English footballer
- 1983 Fernando Cavenaghi, Argentinian footballer
- 1983 Maggie Grace, American actress
- 1983 Joseph Mazzello, American actor
- 1983 Anna Meares, Australian cyclist
- 1984 Benjamin Wildman-Tobriner, American swimmer
- 1985 Maryam Hassouni, Dutch actor
- 1986 Faris Badwan, British singer
- 1987 Jimmy Clausen, American football player
- 1987 Ashley Paris, American basketball player
- 1987 Courtney Paris, American basketball player
- 1988 Bilawal Bhutto Zardari, Pakistani politician
- 1989 Jason Derulo, American Pop singer
- 1990 Christian Serratos, American actress, model and singer
- 1990 Allison Scagliotti, American actress,
- 1904 Chief Joseph, Nez Perce leader (b. 1840)
- 1906 Samuel Arnold, Lincoln conspirator (b. 1838)
- 1926 Leon Charles Thevenin, French telegraph engineer (b. 1857)
- 1938 Ivana Brlic-Mazuranic, Croatian writer (b. 1874)
- 1939 Armand Călinescu, Romanian prime-minister (assassinated) (b. 1893)
- 1944 Artur Phleps, German Waffen-SS officer (b. 1881)
- 1946 Olga Engl, Austrian actress (b. 1871)
- 1948 Quaid-i-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah, Founder of Pakistan (b. 1876)
- 1954 Kokichi Mikimoto, Japanese inventor (b. 1858)
- 1957 King Haakon VII of Norway (b. 1872)
- 1963 Paulino Masip, Spanish playwright (b. 1899)
- 1966 Paul Reynaud, French politician (b. 1878)
- 1971 Bernardo Houssay, Argentine physiologist, Nobel Prize laureate (b. 1887)
- 1972 Henry de Montherlant, French writer (b. 1896)
- 1974 Walter Brennan, American actor (b. 1894)
- 1974 Jacqueline Susann, American novelist (b. 1918)
- 1976 Orlando Letelier, Chilean diplomat (b. 1932)
- 1982 Hovhannes Bagramyan, Soviet general (b. 1897)
- 1985 Gu Long, Taiwanese writer of wuxia novels (b. 1937)
- 1987 Jaco Pastorius, American bassist (b. 1951)
- 1988 Glenn Robert Davis, member of United States Congress (b. 1914)
- 1990 Takis Kanellopoulos, Greek film director and screenwriter (b. 1933)
- 1995 Rudy Perpich, American politician (b. 1928)
- 1997 Jennifer Holt, American actress (b. 1920)
- 1998 Florence Griffith Joyner, American athlete (b. 1959)
- 2000 Jacques Flynn, Canadian politician and senator (b. 1915)
- 2002 Robert L. Forward, American physicist and writer (b. 1932)
- 2004 Barry Noble Wakeman, American naturalist and educator (b. 1939)
- 2004 Bob Mason, British actor (b. 1952)
- 2006 Tasos Athanasiadis, Greek writer (b. 1913)
- 2006 Boz Burrell, English rock musician (b. 1946)
- 2007 Hallgeir Brenden, Norwegian Olympic gold medalist (b. 1929)
- 2007 Alice Ghostley, American actress (b. 1926)
- 2007 Rex Humbard, American television evangelist (b. 1919)
HOLIDAYS AND OSERVANCES
- Christian Feast Day
- Matthew the Evangelist (Western Church)
- September 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Independence Day, celebrates the independence of Armenia from the Soviet Union in 1991.
- Independence Day, celebrates the independence of Belize from the United Kingdom in 1981.
- Independence Day, celebrates the independence of Malta from the United Kingdom in 1964.
- International Day of Peace (International)
- Nativity of the Theotokos (Orthodox Church)
- The first day of Mabon (Neopaganism)
SOME NEWS HEADLINES
- 1998: Clinton's Grand Jury testimony released
- 1979: Harrier crash kills three
- 1999: Earthquake kills 2,295 in central Taiwan
- 1984: NASA launches Galaxy-C
- 1983: 11 killed in anti Marcos demonstrations in Manila
- 1983: David Mamet's "Glengarry Glen Ross," premieres in London
- 1983: U.S. performs nuclear test at Nevada Test Site
- 1977: U.S. minister of Foreign affairs Cyrus Vance dismissed
- 1964: Malta gains independence from Britain
- 1959: 600 Indian Dutch emigrate to US
- 1958: U.S. performs nuclear test at Nevada Test Site
- 1955: U.S.S.R. performs nuclear test
- 1954: 1st nuclear submarine, USS Nautilus, commissioned
Thanks for Tack Your Time
n Don't Forget to Hit Thanks.....
Last edited by ღツαsнι☣Rασ; 09-21-2010 at 01:24 PM.
09-21-2010, 02:47 PM #2
my younger bro bday too ,anyway thanks
09-21-2010, 04:26 PM #3
09-21-2010, 07:05 PM #4
09-21-2010, 11:24 PM #5
thtzz sooo kewl gud job
Ɩ σиcɛ нα∂ α нɛαят...
ιт ωαƨ тяʋɛ...
иσω ιт'ƨ ɢσиɛ ғяσм мɛ тσ ʏσʋ...
ƨσ тακɛ cαяɛ σғ ιт...
αƨ Ɩ нαʌɛ ∂σиɛ...
иσω ʏσʋ нαʌɛ тωσ αи∂ Ɩ нαʌɛ иσиɛ.
09-22-2010, 04:56 AM #6
- Join Date
- Mar 2008
awesome awesome work!!
i mean if u r doing any kind of research paper
dis mite help in anythng even lil bitsorry dude .... Hash
09-24-2010, 12:46 AM #7
- Join Date
- Jul 2010
good work buddy
09-28-2010, 11:38 PM #8
again greeaaattttttttttttttttt post tashi thnxxxxxx..........................