Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Slow Cooker Swiss Steak
09-01-2010, 10:18 PM #1
Slow Cooker Swiss Steak
* 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
* salt and pepper to taste
* 1 1/2 pounds round steak, cut into small pieces
* 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
* 3 stalks celery, chopped
* 1 onion, chopped
* 3 carrots, shredded
* 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with juice
* 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
* 2 tablespoons brown sugar, or to taste
1. In a shallow bowl, mix the flour, salt, and pepper. Lightly coat the round steak pieces in the flour mixture.
2. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat, and saute the celery, onion, and carrots about 5 minutes, until tender. Remove from heat, and set aside. Mix in the round steak pieces, and cook until lightly browned.
3. Place the vegetables and steak in a slow cooker. Mix in the tomatoes with juice, Worcestershire sauce, and brown sugar.
4. Cover, and cook 8 to 10 hours on Low, until the round steak is very tender....being a human...