Results 1 to 1 of 1
08-28-2010, 01:30 AM #1
'My Name is Khan' Rs. 110 cr. India, Rs. 99 cr. Overseas
MY NAME IS KHAN, which was released in India on 12th February, 2010, is still making waves across the globe. Having raked in Rs. 110 crores in India, the film continues its march across global territories and has already grossed Rs. 99 crores in the International markets [still counting], according to an official statement issued by Fox Star Studios.
Post successful release in U.S., U.K., Middle East and Australia, MNIK continues to break records across Europe. MNIK has already become the most successful film in Europe with a box-office collection of US$ 5.6 million with 325 prints. The release width of 425 prints across just Europe is bigger than the release plan of any Bollywood film on a worldwide basis.
The film has the unique distinction of being the first Bollywood film to be dubbed and released theatrically in 4 European languages: Spanish, German, Russian and Italian. Currently, the film is playing across cinema halls in Germany and will release in Russia in September and Italy in November with more than 100 prints.
A number of factors have contributed to the astounding success of MNIK in the International markets, including:-
- A separate edit for the mainstream markets by well-known editor Allan Bell, which is a first for an Indian film.
- Country specific promotion plans with marketing investment across key countries.
- Presence on mainstream promotion platforms including Jonathan Ross Show, BBC Asia network and BILD, Germany's largest newspaper and innovative promotions like first time ever Bollywood presence at the opening of the NASDAQ bell.
- Red Carpet premiere at the Berlin Film Festival.
With MNIK, Fox Star Studios has opened up newer markets and delivered box-office numbers by creating new opportunities for Bollywood in markets hitherto unexplored. Some key milestones being:
...being a human...
- No. 1 Bollywood film across Middle East, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia, Egypt, Lebanon, Jordan, Syria, South Africa and other African markets.
- Opened new markets across the world - a first for Bollywood: Puerto Rico, Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, Egypt, Taiwan, Italy, Spain, Russia.