Results 1 to 1 of 1
08-26-2010, 05:55 AM #1
Olive V-T100 - India's first 3G TabletOlive V-T100 - India's first 3G Tablet
Olive Telecom announced the Indian version of Olive Pad and named it as the Olive VT100.
The 7-inch touchscreen Olive Pad can be used as a touch notebook allowing browsing, multimedia, instant messaging, and easy access to social networking and also has a 3 megapixel camera with it and a front camera as well. This is an Android-powered tablet capable of running on 3.5G bands
This also has GPS for maps and directions, an e-book reader, television, a gaming console and a smartphone allowing voice and video calling.
Also referred the Indiaís first 3G tablet, the feature-rich Olive is ready to give a tough fight to the much-hyped iPad from Apple. It has a few additional features which the iPad lacks; it has two cameras, an ability to support Adobe flash technology and is also a smartphone.
This will have the 2.1version of Android. However, the company has said that the OlivePad VT100 will be upgradeable to Android 2.2 by October.
Processor: ARM11 600MHz
Display: 7Ē Touch TFT; 800 X 400 resolution
Inbuilt Flash: 512MB NAND Flash and microSD expandability up to 32GB
Connectivity: Wi-fi (802.11b/g),Bluetooth 2.0, 3G, GPS
Camera: Built-in Camera- 3 Mega Pixel (Front Camera) & VGA Camera (Back)
Audio Jack: 3.5mm Audio jack for stereo headset interface
USB Port: Mini-USB connector with data sync
Card Reader: Micro-SD Card slot
Whatís so good about it?
- Android based tablet with a great price
- Looks stylish
- A decent camera (decent, coz you donít expect much from a 3 MP camera, but it still gives nice results)
- Extendable using the SD memory upto 32 GB and 16 GB included with the pack.
Whatís not so good about it?
- A OK music output.
- A little bulky as wel
But with the features it offers and with that price, I guess we can overlook the negatives.
The Olive Pad is priced at Rs. 25,000 and if we look at iPad its priced at the same level. Ofcourse adding all the duties it would go above the price of Olive Pad.
Just to help the people to decide which should be the best option we have a Ipad v/s Olive here.
Ipad v/s Olive
- Olive Pad V-T 100 is based on Android 2.1 OS and the iPad has iOS 3.2 version.
- Olive Pad V-T100 has a 3 MP camera and we donít find any camera in Ipad.
- Olive Pad also has the feature of voice-calling and Ipad misses here as well.
- Olive Pad has a 7-inch screen whereas the Ipad has a 9.7-inch screen. Apple Ipad, the winner here.
- Olive has a mini USB support for more memory to be added where as Ipad has the different versions of 16GB, 32 Gb and 64 GB. Needless to say, higher the memory, more the price.
- IPad uses 1Ghz Apple A4 processor whereas Olive Padís chipset is 600 MHz Qualcomm M7227 . Ipad the winner here as well.
With that price tag of Olive, the Indiaís first 3G tablet, it has much more to offer. But as far as we know, the people trust Apple more and may be would opt Ipad over Olive.
Lets see how this Indian tablet performs.
Check out some more images:
...being a human...