Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Pickled chicken drumstick
08-23-2010, 10:13 AM #1
Pickled chicken drumstickPickled chicken drumstick
8 skinless chicken drumsticks (weight approx. 850 gms.)
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup ground onions
8 whole red chillies
1/2 tsp. mustard seeds
1 tsp. cumin seeds
1 tsp. nigella seeds
1 tsp. aniseed
2 tsp. red chilli powder
2 tbsp. crumbled jaggery
2 tbsp. finely shredded ginger
2 tbsp. finely slivered garlic
salt to taste
2 tbsp. lemon juice
For the marinade:
1 cup thick yoghurt
1 tbsp. ginger paste
1 tbsp. garlic paste
1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
1 tsp. garam masala
- Combine all the ingredients for the marinade and drumsticks.Â Leave to marinate for 8 hours, refrigerated.
- Arrange drumsticks in a 10 inch quiche dish, in spoke shape with thicker and facing the rim of the dish.
- Micro (covered) for 10 mins. on High, turning over once.
- Remove from the microwave oven.
- Drain and reserve gravy for later use.
- Combine vegetable oil and onions in a 1.6 litre casserole dish.
- Micro uncovered for 4 mins. on High stirring once.
- Add the cloves, peppercorns, whole red chillies, mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- Mix well. Micro, covered with paper towel for 2 mins. on High.
- Add nigella seeds, aniseed, red chilli powder, jaggery, ginger, garlic and the gravy from step (2).
- Mix well.Â Micro, covered with paper towel, for 4 mins. on High.
- Remove from the microwave oven and add salt to taste and lemon juice.
- Mix well and pour on the drumsticks.
- Micro, covered for 4 mins. on 80 (Medium High).
...being a human...