Results 1 to 1 of 1
08-13-2010, 11:02 AM #1
- Join Date
- Aug 2010
How to earn more than $30-50 per 1000 dl. on file host
The majority of file hosting services pay webmasters based on the earnings on premium accounts. Really the scheme is more fair and allows you to pay more to those who bring more revenue to file hosting services. However, it makes webmasters think not only how to increase the number of downloads but also how to make people who download his files to buy premium accounts.
Here are some tips how to increase sales and ratio.
1. Choose where to post files links. Remember, no matter what kind of files you have users from countries like India, China and Belarus are likely to buy nothing. Because popular payment systems (e.g. PayPal) do not work with such countries and the population of these countries is not rich enough to spend money on file sharing services.
Try to post on the sites with many users from countries with a good level of income. Mainly users from the U.S. buy premium accounts.
2. Do not use mirror to other file hosting sites. When files are only on one file hosting website, the user understands clearly why he should buy a premium. If there are a lot of links to different websites the user can download different files from different services at a time. Why should he buy a premium account in this case? Surely he will not. Secondly, the user may choose to buy premium where the webmaster wonít get the percentage. A wide selection diverts the user from purchase.
3. Divide file into pieces. Itís not possible to download files one by one on the majority of file hosting services when downloading. To make you break your files into pieces file hosting websites pay for all downloads not only unique ones. Moreover, they have rather a little limit on the maximum file size that can be downloaded for free.
4. Post files regularly. Itís better to post 1-2 files than piles of files in one go and forget about them. First, if the user sees that new files are hosted on the same file hosting website constantly, he realizes that it does make sense to buy premium and download files in a convenient way. Secondly, it is enough to collect a lot of good stuff once and later post it within a long period. Thirdly, the constantly updated forum topics are often at the top list and they are often looked through. So the files from these topics are downloaded much more often.
5. Choose stuff to post. Nobody is going to buy anything for the stuff that can be easily found anywhere, or has become out-of-date a few years ago. Look for the relevant topics of the websites where you usually post. Try to find exciting related content. You can either buy it yourself or look for it at some private torrent trackers or other non-public sites. If you have access to quality source of exclusive materials, try to find a place where they will be in demand. In any case, the quality material can much easier find his client.
6. Arrange your posts nicely. Give video previews, software screenshots, etc. Beautiful and high quality design gives the impression of quality material and people want to spend their money on it. In many places with lots of solvent people poor post performance is prohibited. But if you do it even better the effect will not be keep you waiting.
7. Permanent audience is better than passing one. It concerns the web sites where you post. People who come to the site constantly notice upgrading topics and are more likely to buy premium than those who accidentally got to a site through search. Thatís why track the quality of web sites where you post. Itís better to post on a few good sites than on many poor or unintelligible ones. Good sites always attract people who are regular visitors.
8. Create files catalogues. For example, if you have a lot of stuff on some topic upload your files into one folder on the file sharing service. Add files gradually but in your every post add a link to a folder with all files. The user will follow the link and will see a lot of files that canít be downloaded for free and will buy premium.
9. Do not abuse the userís patience. Do not post an archive of hundreds of volumes. It will be inconvenient to download, even with the premium account. Do not use the intermediate page for links that are crammed with advertising. First, the user can click through an advertising banner instead of downloading and purchasing. Secondly, even worse, buying a premium account does not relieve the user from annoying advertising that appears earlier than pages of the file hosting. And the user doesnít feel like buying an account. And can see that there is still a lot of advertising, cancel a payment and buy nothing.
10. Track your sales. Good file hosting services provide detailed statistics on where from and who buys. You should use it. You will not spend time on posting to the websites where users do not buy anything. You will think about how much actual certain files on different sites are (when some files are bought on one site, other files on another, it would be logical to post files according to their demand). Statistics can help you determine the wishes and needs of users. Do not be afraid to analyze. Even a cursory analysis of statistics will save a lot of time by eliminating the inefficient sites and earn money by picking more relevant to specific sites materials.
When you have a lot of sales, it is very important when the file hosting pays you the percentage of your sales. Therefore, I recommend working with extabit exta pay 50% of sales, that is not bad. I like Extabit because it has more detailed statistics and I would advise you to try to work with it to see where what the sales you have and then choose according to your taste.
How much can you earn? $30-50 per 1000 downloads is a real amount. But if you try, you can get up to $ 100 per 1000. It's not like those pitiful $15 that hotfile pays. However, you should work hard on the sales. You need to search for materials, websites, monitor your results. However, your work will be generously paid.
Good luck with your earnings! If you have any comments or additions you are welcome.