Runner Up - Admins Awards

Default Kamran Akmal, Mohammad Yousuf out of Birmingham Test match

Follow us on Social Media

Kamran Akmal has been given the axe for the second Test match between Pakistan and England at Edgbaston. Pakistan had lost the first Test match by a whopping margin of 354 runs, and the chief culprit in the field was Akmal, who dropped a couple of vital catches and then missed a stumping.

To add to that, Akmal had a pathetic time with the bat, as he got out for a duck in both the innings, and could last for only five balls in the innings. Akmal has been struggling with his wicket-keeping for some time now, and had dropped Michael Hussey thrice in a recent Sydney Test match. Thanks to those three dropped chances, Hussey had managed to get to his century and Australia had won the Test match despite conceding a 200-run lead.
    This means that Zulqanain Haider will get his chance as the wicket-keeper. Haider has played only one T20I before this and will be making his Test match debut.
    Akmal has scored six centuries from 51 Tests, which would have helped his selection despite his otherwise poor record behind the stumps. Akmal has dropped 34 catches in his last 28 Tests, and that seems to have not changed at all.
    In other team news, Mohammad Yousuf arrived in England with only 24 hours to go for the match and will not be a part of the Test match because of fatigue and jet-lag.
    Yousuf spoke to a cricket website and said, I have just arrived after a long flight. I will not be training. I will wait for the management to tell me what their plan is.
    ...being a human...