Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Cumin Chicken (Jeera Chicken)
07-24-2010, 03:43 PM #1
- Join Date
- Jan 2010
Cumin Chicken (Jeera Chicken)3 tablespoons oil
1 tablespoon(s) cumin seeds
3 green chillies finely chopped
2 medium onions grated
8 medium pieces (about 800 grams) of chicken
2 teaspoons grated garlic
8 teaspoon(s) grated ginger
1 teaspoon(s) cumin powder
1 teaspoon(s) hot spice mix (garam masala) powder
1 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
salt and freshly milled pepper to taste
1 cup(s) hot water
cumin powder to garnish
1. Heat the oil in a heavy-bottomed pan. Add the cumin seeds and let them crackle. Add the green chillies and sliced onions. Saute on medium heat for about 3 minutes or till the onions are soft and light golden.
2. Add the chicken pieces and cook stirring for about 8 minutes or till the chicken pieces are no longer pink.
3. Add all the other ingredients and mix well. Cover and cook on medium heat for about 15 minutes or till the chicken pieces are well cooked. If the chicken is not yet cooked and the gravy looks dry, add more hot water little by little as required whilst stirring. Cover and cook on low heat till done.
Serve hot garnished with a sprinkling of cumin powder.
* Boneless chicken can be also used for this recipe. Reduce or halve the weight of chicken if using boneless. Rest of the ingredients remain the same. Reduce the cooking time of chicken.
* Keep some extra amount of hot water ready if required to add to gravy.
* The amount of water can be increased or reduced according to the consistency of the gravy desired.