Runner Up - Admins Awards

Default Iím truly upset: Asin

Follow us on Social Media

M.S. Dhoniís marriage may have put to an end to rumours of their alleged relationship, but South Indian beauty Asin, currently busy in Sri Lanka shooting for Anees Bazmeeís Ready (remake of the Telugu hit Ready) with Salman Khan, is still in unhappy and in trouble. Why? A decision on her ban is expected from the South Indian Film Artistesí Association in a couple of days in Chennai.

ďIím truly upset that certain political groups in Tamil Nadu are targetting me for my decision to shoot a film in Sri Lanka. How can I be targeted for this decision? Ready was supposed to be shot in Mauritius, Thailand and then, Goa. Till a few days before the shoot, I didnít even know the final destination. When I heard it was Sri Lanka, I did express my concern to the producer and the director. While they understood my predicament, they too couldnít change the shooting location because things had already been planned,Ē she said to a leading English daily.

ďArt should not be politicised and actors shouldnít be made to bear the brunt of political animosity because we are truly ambassadors of peace. Iím making an effort to reach out to the troubled Tamil community in Sri Lanka and I think by being in their midst, Iím bringing a smile to their faces. I just hope others see this as a peace-building exercise,Ē she added.
    ...being a human...