Runner Up - Admins Awards

Default Sweethearts Dev Patel and Freida Pinto engaged?

Follow us on Social Media

Slumdog Millionaire star Dev Patel's mother was none too happy with him when she found out about her son's engagement on the Internet. In fact, you could have forgiven her for being more than a little hurt and upset with her son, however, Dev had not actually proposed to his longterm girlfriend Freida Pinto.

"I was like, Mum, 'I didn't [get engaged] trust me,' " the actor says, killing rumors that he and Freida plan to get hitched. "Nothing's happened. Everything is fine. I'm just shooting a film."

Dev goes on to explain how his mom now has to quash the rumours herself:

"My mum will go to work and [have to] explain to everyone why they have written that her son is going to get engaged," he tells US publication, People, "and got a wedding ring, and how it's all not true."

Patel, 20, and Pinto, 25, met on whilst filming Oscar-winning Slumdog Millionaire in 2008 and have been inseparable ever since. After initially denying their relationship, the couple are now firmly established and obviously very happy.

"She's very inspiring to me and just great support," Patel says of his beautiful girlfriend. "She's a great friend and amazing."
    ...being a human...