Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Stuffed kheema matar paratha
06-30-2010, 11:05 PM #1
- Join Date
- Jan 2010
Stuffed kheema matar parathaIngredients:
1 cup maida
1 tsp. baking powder
1\4 tsp. salt
A little warm water to knead
Melted ghee for applying inside and cooking parathas
250 gms. minced meat (kheema)
2 onions (chopped)
2 cloves garlic (crushed)
1 tsp. ginger (paste)
2 tomatoes (pureed)
½ tsp. green chillies (chopped finely)
¼ tsp. haldi powder
¼ tsp. chilli powder
½ tsp. garam masala
Salt to taste
1 cup peas
2 tbsp. ghee
1. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
2. Gradually add warm water and knead until the dough is smooth.
3. Divide into 4 pieces and shape each into a small ball.
4. Allow to rest for 15 mins.
5. Now flatten each ball and roll into a thin round. Apply melted ghee on it and fold twice.
6. Roll out into triangles.
7. Heat a tawa and cook parathas, using ghee on both side.
8. Place filling in the parathas, roll up, put in a serving dish and serve hot with tomato-coriander chutney.
To make the filling:
1. Heat the ghee and fry onions, ginger and garlic till brown.
2. Add kheema and fry over high temperature for 5 mins.
3. Add chillies, tomato puree, haldi, chilli powder, garam masala and stir well.
4. Cover and cook till the kheema is nearly cooked.
5. Add a little water if required to soften the kheema.
6. Add the peas and ½ cup water and salt to taste.
7. Simmer on low flame till peas are tender and the ghee separates.
8. Fill into parathas.