Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Veggie Wrap
06-30-2010, 11:02 PM #1
- Join Date
- Jan 2010
1. Flour Tortillas [Infact you get variety of flavored Tortillas like Spinach, Sun-Dried Tomato Tortillas in the grocery store]. 2. Vegetarian Refried Beans. (any regular grocery store will have this item.)
3. Vegetables for the filling:
Onions [Green ones preferable] - 1/2 cup.
Shredded Carrot - 1/2 cup.
Spinach [chopped] - 1/2 cup
Raw Mango - 1/2 cup (diced).
Bell Pepper [Red, Green or Yellow] - 1/2 cup (chopped).
Apple [Green] - 1/2 cup (diced)
Moongdal Sprouts - 1/4 cup
4. Cheese - shredded yellow cheese - 1 cup. You can get them in any grocery store.
5. Salsa - Hot (You can either buy them from the grocery store or it is easy to prepare also. Just process some onions, tomatoes, tomato sauce, jalapeno chilies (depending on how spicier you want) and cilantro in a food processor and you have your own home-made Salsa).
6. Salt to taste. [This is optional].
7. Oil - 2 tsp.
1. Take a saucepan and heat the oil.
2. Lower the heat and add the Refried Beans.
3. Add the shredded cheese, say about 1/2 cup to the beans and keep stirring it.
4. Then add the Hot Salsa, to the bean-cheese mixture.
5. Keep stirring the mixture until say it slowly starts to bubble out and remove the pan from the stove and keep it aside.
Note: Don't add too much of Salsa either, for the mixture will become very thin and liquid. You should have the Bean-Mixture to remain thick to fill in the wrap.
6. Heat the Flour Tortillas in a pan or MicroWave one at a time. Remove the tortilla and place it in a plate or say an aluminum foil and add the filling as follows:
1. Spread Bean-Cheese-Salsa say mixture on it.
2. Top it with some cheese.
3. Arrange the cut vegetables in the order you like.
4. Top it with some more Salsa if you like.
5. Wrap or Roll the Tortilla tightly and this is ready to eat.
6. You can also cut these rolled up wraps in half diagonally.
7. Repeat the above steps for the rest of the Tortillas.