Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Mexican Fish Wraps
06-30-2010, 10:57 PM #1
- Join Date
- Jan 2010
Mexican Fish WrapsIngredients:
700 gm - skinless white fish fillet, cut into thick strips
1 - lime, finely grated zest and juice
2 - egg whites, beaten with a fork
100 gm - coarse fresh breadcrumbs
4 squirts - oil spray
200 gm - tzatziki(Tzatziki is made of strained yoghurt )
8 - small, soft flour tortilla wraps(or use chapattis)
1 - small wedge iceberg lettuce or white cabbage, shredded
1. Sprinkle the lime zest over the pieces of fish, then season.
2. Dip the fish into the egg white, then coat with breadcrumbs and place on a baking sheet.
3. Spray the fish with 2 squirts oil (or brush on some oil), then grill for two minutes.
4. Flip the fish strips over, spray (or brush) with more oil.
5. Frill for a further two minutes until the fish is cooked and the breadcrumbs are golden and crispy.
6. Squeeze the limejuice in to the tzatziki and stir.
7. Warm the tortillas according to pack instructions.
To Assemble the Wraps:
Place a handful of cabbage or lettuce onto the top two-thirds of a tortilla, then rest 3 fish fingers on top with a good dollop of the lime tzatziki Bring the bottom third of the tortilla up and fold the sides over to envelop the filling.
If you dont fancy lime tzatziki, try tomato salsa, which is also low in fat and tastes just as good.