Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Mixed Vegetable Kebab Rolls
06-30-2010, 10:56 PM #1
- Join Date
- Jan 2010
Mixed Vegetable Kebab RollsIngredients:
2 - onions, peeled and grated
3 - carrots, washed and steamed
100 g - french beans, washed and chopped
1/4 kg - potatoes, washed
1 - raw banana
1 - small beetroot, washed and peeled
1 tbsp - chopped fresh coriander leaves
3 tbsp - bengal gram flour
3 tbsp - dry breadcrumbs
6 slices - white bread
1 tbsp - fresh cream
oil, to deep fry
sugar To be Ground to a Paste:
4 - garlic flakes
1/2 inch piece - ginger
1 tsp - poppy seeds
4 - green chillies
1/2 tsp - cumin seeds
1/4 tsp - anise seed
2 - green cardamoms
1/2 tsp - black pepper
2 tsp - vinegar
1 inch - cinnamon sticks
2 - cloves
For Mint Chutney:
2 cups - fresh mint leaves
1 cup - fresh coriander leaves
6 - green chillies
1 - small onion
1 tbsp - grated fresh coconut
1 tsp - oil
1 - tamarind pulp (lemon-sized ball)
For Seasoning the Mint Chutney:
1/4 tsp - black mustard seeds
1 tsp - bengal gram dal
1 pinch - asafoetida powder
To Prepare the Kebab Rolls:
1. Pressure cook the potatoes in a pressure cooker. Peel and mash them.
2. Wash the pressure cooker nicely.
3. Steam the raw banana now in the pressure cooker with its skin on for 5 minutes under pressure. Peel and mash.
4. Grate the cooked carrots and beetroot.
5. Heat a tablespoon of oil in a pan.
6. Fry the grated onion in the oil until it turns golden brown.
7. Add the ground masala paste, salt and sugar to it.
8. Mix well until the raw flavour is gone.
9. Add the vegetables now to it and fry till the moisture evaporates.
10. Remove from flame.
11. Add the Bengal gram flour, breadcrumbs and the soaked bread slices.
12. Knead well and make even-sized balls out of the mixture.
13. Shape the mixture into thin cylinder rolls.
14. Deep fry the rolls in hot oil till they are crispy.
15. Drain excess oil on clean kitchen paper towels.
16. Serve hot with mint chutney and tomato ketchup.
17. Method for mint chutney:
18. Heat a tablespoon of oil in a pan.
19. Fry the chillies, small onion, mint leaves and coriander in it, one at a time.
20. Add the coconut at the end.
21. Mix well and remove from flame.
22. Add salt and tamarind.
23. Grind the mixture to a smooth paste.
24. Heat a little oil in a pan.
25. Add the seasoning ingredients.
26. Once they stop spluttering, remove from flame.
27. Add them over the chutney.
28. Mix well.
29. Serve with kebab rolls.