Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Mango Srikhand Roll
06-30-2010, 10:52 PM #1
- Join Date
- Jan 2010
Mango Srikhand RollIngredients:
For Filling :
Curds made from full cream milk - 4 cups
Sugar - � cup or to taste
Saffron - few strands
Cardamom powder - � tsp
Ripe mango - 1
Pistachio nuts - 1 tbsp For Cake :
Plain flour (maida) - 1/2 cup
Eggs - 3 large
Egg yolk - 1
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Butter - 2 tbsp, melted
Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
For Filling :
1. Line a colander with thin cloth. Support the colander over a deep bowl.
2. Pour the curds into it and let it drain till 1 cup of thick curd cheese is left in the cloth.
3. Transfer the curds cheese to a bowl and add sugar. Beat till the sugar is dissolved.
4. Soak saffron in 1 tsp of warm milk. Crush and add to the curd cheese.
5. Add cardamom powder. This is srikhand.
6. Peel the mango and cut a portion of the flesh into tiny cubes.
7. Slice the remaining flesh. Keep the srikhand and mango in the refrigerator while preparing the cake.
For Cake :
1. Grease a Swiss roll tin and line with greased butter paper.
2. Sift the flour twice
3. Whisk the eggs, egg yolk and sugar together till the mixture leaves a trail when the whisk is lifted.
4. Beat in the essence. .
5. Fold in the flour. .
6. Gently fold in the butter. Spread in the prepared tray. Bake in a hot oven (200 0C ) till done. ( 10- 12 minutes) Turn out on a butter paper.
7. Remove the paper on top of the cake. Roll up with the paper at the bottom. Allow to cool.
8. Carefully unroll the cake. Reserve � of srikhand for topping. Spread the remaining over the cake.
9. Sprinkle mango cubes over it. Roll up the cake again (without the paper) and cover the roll with a piece of aluminum foil.
10. Chill in the refrigerator for 4-6 hours or until serving.
11. Just before serving, remove the foil and place the roll on a serving plate. Spread the reserved srikhand over the roll and decorate with mango slices.
12. Serve the roll cut in 1"thick slices.