Runner Up - Admins Awards

Default Raajneeti Boosts First Half Of 2010

Follow us on Social Media

Raajneeti gave the first half of 2010 a lift. The film was by far the biggest of the first half with a likely 47-48 crore lifetime share. Raajneeti gave a huge lift to industry which was reeling under the failure of Kites. The distributor share of Raajneeti will be the fifth biggest ever.

The other major hits of the year till date were Housefull and My Name Is Khan. Both managed a lifetime distributor share of around 37 crore. Atithi Tum Kab Jaoge?, Badmaash Company and Ishqiya were the average successes while Veer and Love Sex aur Dokha scored in a few circuits.

There was no impact on the overseas market apart from My Name is Khan which recorded humungous numbers in a lot emerging markets for Hindi films and business in these markets enabled My Name Is Khan to become the biggest grosser ever overseas.

Housefull and Raajneeti put up fair numbers while Kites also had decent grosses but not in accordance to its heavy volume release.

The classifications for first half of 2010 in India were as follows.

All Time Blockbuster

Super Hit

My Name Is Khan

Semi Hit

Above Average

Atithi Tum Kab Jaoge?

Badmaash Company

Below Average

Love Sex Aur Dokha

The second half of 2008 will start this week with I Hate Love Storys which is expected to do well in urban multiplexes. The second half seems to have a stronger line up than the first half with a few potential big grossers including Tees Maar Khan (December) and Anjaana Anjaani (September).
    ...being a human...