Results 1 to 1 of 1
06-29-2010, 12:47 AM #1
BAKING SODA: A Natural Deodorizer and Cleanser..
* Add baking soda to liquid detergent and scrub clean your tiles.
* Baking soda can help remove pungent odors from laundry even when they linger after repeated washing like smoke and sweat smell.
* Rubbing dry baking soda directly on clothing will remove the smell of vomit or baby spit-up.
* Deodorize your fridge and freezer by putting in an open container of baking soda to absorb odors.
* Wash marble-topped furniture with a solution of 3-tablespoons of baking soda in 2 cups of warm water. Let stand awhile, then rinse
* Mix a quarter cup of baking soda with a cup of warm water and wash down the outside of white appliances. It will help remove yellowing and restore the whiteness
* Make a solution of 1/4 cup of baking soda, 1/2 cup of vinegar, and 1 gallon of hot water. This mixture will clean of grease and grime as well as deodorize. Works wonders for the kitchen exhaust fans.
* Leave a water and baking soda solution in thermos bottles and cooling containers overnight to get rid of stale smells.
* Polish silverware with dry baking soda on a damp cloth. Rub, rinse and dry.
* To remove burned-on food from a pan: let the pan soak in baking soda and water for 10 minutes before washing. Or scrub the pot with dry soda and a moist scouring pad.
* Remove that bad smell from ashtrays with baking soda and water.
* Sprinkle baking soda in your garbage bins to neutralize any smells.
...being a human...