Results 1 to 2 of 2
06-12-2010, 11:13 AM #1
- Join Date
- Jan 2010
Top 10 Most Expensive Photos in the World Ever SoldTop 10 Most Expensive Photos in the World Ever Sold
To enjoy how beautiful these most expensive photos in the world You should have a good art sense and of course money. For the common people, an image from camera shots may only be worth no more than an image alone, but for the people who know what the true meaning of photography, the price of a photograph can even reach the millions of dollars. Many aspects can make a photo that expensive, such as its history, the object, exclusive value, and much more.
So no wonder if some of the pictures (which for us is just an ordinary photograph) could reach millions of dollars. Here’s top 10 most expensive photos in the world ever sold:
10. Andy Warhol (1987) By: Robert Mapplethorpe : $643,200
This photos successfully sold for $ 643,200 in the year 2006.
Andy Warhol by Robert Mapplethorpe
9. The Great Wave, Sete (1857) By: Gustave Le Gray : $838,000
Sold at an auction for $ 838,000 at the year of 1999.
The Great Wave Sete by Gustave Le Gray
8. [No.113] Athènes, Temple de Jupiter olympien pris de l’est (1842) By: Joseph-Philibert Girault de Prangey : $922,488
Sold for $ 922,488 in 2003.
Athènes Temple de Jupiter olympien pris de lest By Joseph Philibert Girault de Prangey
7. Untitled (Cowboy) (1989) By: Richard Prince : $1,248,000
Successfully sold for $ 1,248,000 in New York. It was in Christie’s Auction, November 2005.
Untitled cowboy by Richard Prince
6. Georgia O’Keeffe (Nude) (1919) By: Alfred Stieglitz : $1,360,000
Successfully sold for $ 1,360,000 in the year of 2006 in New York
Sorry We can’t load the display the picture here. You can take a look at the photo here
5. Georgia O’Keeffe (Hands) (1919) By: Alfred Stieglitz : $1,470,000
This photos is successfully sold for $1,470,000 in New York
Georgia O'Keeffe Hands By Alfred Stieglitz
4. Nude (1925) By: Edward Weston : $1,609,000
Sold for $1,609,000 in 2008. Not showing explicit nudity, so I decide to place here.
Nude By Edward Weston
3. Kremlin of Tobolsk (2009) By: Dmitry Medvedev : $ 1,750,000
Kremlin of Tobolsk is photographed by the president of Russia himself. Maybe it’s the point why this photograph become so expensive. This is a photo of a city in Russia. Sold for $ 1,750,000 few months ago in Saint Petersburg.
Kremlin of Tobolsk By Dmitry Medvedev
2. The Pond-Moonlight (1904) By: Edward Steichen : $2,928,000
Sold for $2,928,000 in February 2006 at Sotheby’s New York auction.
The Pond Moonlight By Edward Steichen
1. 99 Cent II Diptychon (2001) By: Andreas Gursky : $3,346,456
This is the most amazing photograph, Sold for $3,346,456 in February 2007 at Sotheby’s London auction. Then A second print of 99 Cent II Diptychon sold for $2.48 million in November 2006 at a New York gallery, and finally the third print sold for $2.25 million at Sotheby’s in May 2006. Photos on canvas version of this photos maybe can be sold for another $3 million, if the owner want to do that
99 Cent II Diptychon By Andreas Gursky
06-15-2010, 04:02 AM #2
mujhey koi free mein bhi deta to in mein se koi room mein na lagaaty kon log they jinho ne inhein buy kiya