Results 1 to 3 of 3
Thread: Get glowing skin, thick hair!
06-10-2010, 11:07 PM #1
- Join Date
- Jan 2010
Get glowing skin, thick hair!
You don’t have to starve yourself to look good. All you need is to eat the right foods. Here’s a beauty diet plan carefully put together by our expert to help you look fabulous all thorough 2010!
• Green vegetables: Spinach, zucchini, broccoli and brussels sprouts contain a caroteinoid called lutein and a pigment called zeaxanthinan. Both defend your cells from free radicals and help keep your eyes lustrous. Avoid overcooking for best benefits. Steam or sauté, instead.
• Orange and other vegetables that are rich in antioxidants and fibre work against under-eye puffiness.
• Probiotic yoghurt: It contains good bacteria that help your skin look healthy. Eczema sufferers can benefit a great deal from a daily intake.
• Fish: Oily fish such as sardines and mackerel contain omega-3 fatty acids that reduce skin inflammation and keep it moisturised. They also promote elasticity, keeping wrinkles at bay.
• Berries: Strawberries, blueberries, etc., contain antioxidant phytonutrients that get rid of free radicals in the blood and guard your collagen, thereby boosting skin repair. Collagen makes your skin supple, smooth and plump.
• Have chicken, turkey, pork, milk, cheese, yeast, peanuts, beans, wholegrain cereals to avoid brittle nails. Pumpkin seeds are one of the most concentrated non-meat sources of zinc. But many vegetarian foods also contain phytic acid that binds with zinc, making it unavailable to the body. Hence, take a Vitamin C supplement. It will make zinc more available.
• Poultry: Lean meats like chicken and turkey provide high quality proteins, essential for growth, repair and maintenance. Low-fat milk products such as skimmed milk, yogurt and cottage cheese are great sources too. If you like eggsand don’t suffer from high cholesterol, have one yolk a day. It contains Vitamin B-12 which promotes hair growth and prevents hair loss.
• Salmon: It contains omega-3 fatty acids, B12 and iron.
• Flaxseeds: What salmon does for non-vegetarians, flax seed does for vegans.
• Oysters: Try oysters for faster hair growth. They contain zinc.
• Whole wheat and brown rice: Make sure you include whole wheat, brown rice and fortified cereals in your everyday diet.
06-10-2010, 11:09 PM #2
- Join Date
- Mar 2008
good info for da beggissorry dude .... Hash
06-20-2010, 04:30 AM #3
moved to the right section !!!