View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Finals 2010?

1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Los Angeles Lakers

0 0%
  • Boston Celtics

1 100.00%
    Runner Up - Admins Awards

Default Who will win the NBA Finals 2010?

Follow us on Social Media

Who will win the NBA Finals 2010?

Somewhere during the second quarter in Game 2 of the NBA finals, Ray Allen(notes) slipped into that shooting zone only visited by real-life superstars and movie characters.

With his fundamentally flawless jumper snapping crisply from his wrists, the Boston guard hit 3-pointers in dizzying bunches against the helpless Los Angeles Lakers. He made seven in the first half and finished with a finals-record eight 3’s in the Celtics’ 103-94 victory Sunday night.

Allen’s wry smile after he hit three straight 3-pointers in a two-minute span evoked memories of Michael Jordan shrugging his shoulders during his 35-point half against Portland in the 1992 finals. Even Jesus Shuttlesworth— you know, the sharpshooting kid Allen played in “He Got Game”—would have been proud.

“There’s no better place, moment, time … to win a game, and to win in a great fashion,” Allen said. “I don’t know what record it is that people are telling me that I got, but it’s great to have, great to be able to look back on it and say I did that. This is definitely our time.”
    Yet Allen’s barrage still wasn’t enough to hand the defending champions their first home playoff loss of the season. All that elegant brilliance might have been wasted without Rajon Rondo(notes), whose triple-double contained much of the dirty work necessary to even the finals.

While Allen scored 27 of his 32 points in the first half with a record-setting 3-point shooting display, Rondo completed his fifth playoff triple-double down the stretch. Taking charge after Allen cooled down, the point guard racked up 19 points—including the quick-reflex basket that put Boston ahead for good—along with 12 rebounds and 10 assists.

“The best part about getting a triple-double is getting a win,” Rondo said. “That’s pretty much it. It would be pointless to get a triple-double and lose the game.”
    Game 3 is Tuesday night in Boston.

...being a human...

°o.O♥Why Cant U See U Belong Wid Me♥O.o°

i hope boston wins