Runner Up - Admins Awards

Default Love at first sight?

Follow us on Social Media

Falling in love at first sight isn’t necessarily a good thing. Or so this new study claims.
    Research conducted by dating website Parship shows that men who believe in love at first sight are three times more likely to cheat on their partners.
    Of the 5,000 single men and women interviewed, researchers found that 42 per cent of men who believed in love at first sight had later cheated (at an average of 3.4 affairs compared to women who averaged 1.2).
    Nafsika Thalassis of Parship told that the research finding pointed to a close relationship between infidelity and impulsiveness. “Men who consider themselves ‘in love’ within minutes of meeting someone are likely to fall in love rather frequently. It is also likely that such men interpret attraction and love as more or less the same thing,” she added.
    Do you agree? Some iDiva regulars did. In fact, our (sort of unscientific) poll revealed that almost no one believed in falling in love at first sight. This is what they had to say:
    Love talk
    “Love at first sight is just infatuation. It’s solely based on a person’s appearance. The chemistry between two people only builds over time and therefore, once the initial attraction is over, it is difficult to sustain such a relationship. However there is a lot of excitement in this ‘love at first sight’ business and the entire process of getting to know the other person… The adrenaline rush might become a bit of a habit and so they fall in love frequently!” -Diksha Raghani, 23, PR professional
    “There is no such thing as falling in love at first sight. It’s generally lust at first sight so in that case, it can happen again and again. And I agree that people who fall in love at first sight are impulsive, but there can be exceptions to the rule!” -Garima Sharma, 30, media professional
    “Of course you can fall in love at first sight I believe in love at first sight, my ex-boyfriend fell head over heels with me the minute I walked into the restaurant in that purple dress. Although we’re not together anymore, he never once he cheated on me.” -Athena Costa, 27, adventure sports enthusiast
    “I don’t believe in this love at first sight business! In fact, I don’t really believe in the concept of love at all. Love is such a momentary thing… after a while all that’s left of it is adjustments and compromises. And most of the time both parties try to become people they’re not because they have to ’set themselves’ according to the likes and dislikes of each other. Anyway, I think any one in love – at first sight or last – cheat. If they give each other personal space they’ll be doing themselves a favour, because after all we are sexual beings and everyone has different degrees of physical needs.” -Siddharth Sharma, 27, photographer
    “Yes, I think this is true. I personally do not believe in love at first sight. It’s just not possible, it’s more like lust at first sight. How can you fall in love with someone you don’t even know? I am a romantic but I’m practical when I need to be as well.” -Pricilla Gomes 24, salsa dancer
    “I would say that men who fall in love at first sight can also be more loyal to their partners because they are so sure of their choice and feelings for someone that they don’t believe in wasting time. They simply say the magical words ‘I love you’ and then it’s all about the two individuals and how they form that bond together…” -Monica, 24, media professional
    “I know so many people who believed in love at first sight, and then fall in love again and again and again. They are never satisfied I guess and keep searching. But I don’t think such people cheat, they just jump from person to person.” -Vikram Pai, 30, software product developer

Do you believe in love in first? Leave a comment and let us know.
    Last edited by Caasanova; 06-03-2010 at 09:54 AM.
    ...being a human...

I am Brown so ARe you DOwN?

well, not really lol
    sorry dude .... Hash

dR Founders

how is this a contest

dR Dazzler

mod je. its wrong section..