Runner Up - Admins Awards

Default Yeh Delhi hai mere yaar…

Follow us on Social Media

But one shouldn’t think that Anushka was successful only because of the banner she worked with. Nope, that’s not true; Anushka is really a hard-working, talented actor.

Anushka will be playing the role of a Delhi girl in Yash Raj’s next film. The movie is yet untitled but, apparently, the story is about a young Delhi couple, venturing out in the business world together.

But Anushka is not from Delhi and doesn’t speak Hindi the way people do in Delhi. And just so that she could get her character right and make it seem more realistic, she has been roaming in the by-lanes of Delhi, to hear and observe the way people talk there.

Anushka says, “The people in Delhi are so outspoken, and they speak rapidly. I could identify with both the traits. But I still had to learn a lot to understand about the way a Delhi girl speaks. I wanted my character in the film to be able to say things without cringing.”

She has also been watching Dibak Banerjee’s Delhi-based films Khosla Ka Ghosla and Oye Lucky, Lucky Oye to get the hang of the Delhi lingo, and says that the way the characters spoke in film helped her a lot. But she is still paranoid about not sounding like a true Delhiite. It is said that the director of the film, Manish Sharma, who is from Delhi, is also helping her a lot.