Runner Up - Admins Awards

Default Barbara in KITES for her sex appeal?

Follow us on Social Media

Hrithik and Barbara are looking smashing together' - Now that's an oft repeated statement which has been heard ever since the first official teaser of KITES came out a

couple of months back. While Hrithik has been equated to a Greek God by Bollywood followers for close to a decade now, Barbara has led to a widespread 'Google search'

ever since she was unveiled for the desi audience.

No wonder, the ploy seems to have worked as the intrinsic sex appeal carried by her has been churned to the fullest by the makers, what with her lip locking moments with

her lead hero coupled with the backless shot making the round of internet as well as print media. However, film maker Anurag Basu insists that KITES is much more than

just a skin fest and the sole reason for signing Barbara was definitely not the sex appeal.

"Of course Barbara is attractive; we all know that. Still, it wasn't just her sex appeal that made us sign her. While most of us currently feeling awed by how she looks, one

should not forget that in West, she has also been known for her acting abilities. She has done so much good work in films as well as on TV. I saw them and based on that,

we decided that Barbara would be the right fit for KITES", says Basu who has been known to steam up the screen, as evidenced in MURDER.

A superstar at his disposal, a young woman whose screen presence is scorching, a producer who has been an acclaimed film maker himself and comes with pot full of

money and a hit record behind his own self - Anurag Basu couldn't have bargained for anything better, right?

"Of course it was a really great experience to make KITES", smiles Basu, "However, rather than feeling overtly elated, I used to tell myself right through the making of KITES

to not get carried away. Yes, I had great locales, the best art direction and the stars. I could shoot in as opulent manner as possible. However, I knew that I didn't have to go

away from the soul and character of the film. It happens so many times that due to the aspects as mentioned, a director gets greedy. I avoided falling into that trap."