Runner Up - Admins Awards

Default Shahid Kapoor won't mind singing

Follow us on Social Media

If need be, Shahid Kapoor won’t mind stepping behind the microphone and singing his own songs in films even though he concedes that he’s not much of a crooner.

But then haven’t we seen the likes of Amitabh Bachchan, Shahrukh Khan, Salman Khan, Aamir Khan, Hrithik Roshan, Sanjay Dutt and Neil Nitin Mukesh lending their voice to a few songs in their films.

“I don't do things just because others are doing it. I don't think I am a great singer... may be that's why they have a playback singer for every film of mine,” Shahid told a news agency somewhat jocularly.

However, if a situation arises when he has to sing his songs in the film, Shahid said he’s game.

“But if a situation comes which requires that (singing) from an actor, I'll do it. Though nothing of that sort seems to be coming as of now,” Shahid added.

Shahid’s acting career has got a new boost thanks to the good run of his last release Badmaash Company. He’s now singularly focussed on his dad Pankaj Kapur’s directorial debut in which Shahid plays what he calls “the most romantic role” of his career to date.