Results 1 to 1 of 1
  1. #1
    Runner Up - Admins Awards
    Join Date
    Dec 2009


    Default Bollywood A $25 Billion Industry

    Follow us on Social Media

    According to a report on India’s Entertainment Economy in The Hollywood Reporter, the Indian media and entertainment industry registered revenues of $16.3 billion in 2010 and is expected to cross $25 billion by 2014. The report says, “Growth is expected from the expansion of multiplexes in smaller cities, investments by foreign studios, the growing popularity of niche movies and the emergence of digital and ancillary revenue streams.”

    The Indian film industry produces more than 1,000 films every year in more than 20 languages. Almost 90 per cent of revenues are derived from local films leaving English and foreign films that make up the remaining 10 per cent. With 3.3 billion tickets sold annually, India also has the highest number of theatre admissions. The report predicts that multiplex screens are expected to double from 900 to 1,775 screens in the next five years.
    ...being a human...



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts